Jean Auel

We're not just about Wilbur Smith!

Postby Nefer » Sun May 07, 2006 2:48 pm

Yeah, apparently she was getting too involved in the world of Ayla. That and there were a lot of new archaeological finds she went to inspect personally.

She's one of the few people who got to explore the actual location of the Ninth Caves. She also walked around the entire area before she started writing, to get a better idea of the terrain. I assume doing all that research took a while ;)

But in all, 12 years was waay too long. Apparently, she's already started bk 6, and has the plans for 7. There's some wild (:lol:) speculation that we should see the next one in less than 12yrs!
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby delby » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:48 pm

Yes good old Owly but it takes her so damn long to to it i might die of suspense? before the next one .
WILLIE SMITH IS KING
delby
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: The Slave Stealer By Boyd Upchurch

Re: Jean Auel

Postby annagram » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:13 pm

Love Jean Auel's books except for the last one - it was terrible and such a disappointment. I think she owes us one more but I am losing hope that she will be forthcoming.
annagram

Currently Reading: The winner by David baldacci

Postby Miss read it » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:37 pm

I like Matt didnt have to wait 10 12 years for the book to finish all 5 thankfully I know most her fans on the EC forum are pretty much over her dragging process of finishing Aylas story. Her last book The Land of Painted caves will be released March 29, 2011 and me most the fans on EC will be buying it the day it releases just to get it over with some people have been waiting for 20 somehthing years to finish Aylas story its just annoying she has made them wait so long. I wont lie I also fell in love with Ayla and Jondalar's story but I'm sooooo glad I found Wilbur Smith he has taken me by storm I love him I just hope we can get some insight on how the earlier Courtneys match up with Waite and Sean.
Miss_Read_It
§☼♦If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree.~Jim Rohn♦☼§ ‬‬‫٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶‬.
Miss read it

Currently Reading: blue horizon

Postby Ballantyne » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:12 pm

When I've finished The Leopard Hunts... I'll be starting on The Shelters of Stone
"She gabbled meaningless replies to her father's questions and tried to lead him towards the door, but it was like trying to divert a bull elephant from his set purpose. Inexorably, Sean bore down upon the discarded knickers and the canvas where Mark cowered.

At his next step, the silk wrapped itself around the toe of his boot. The material was so filmy and light that he did not notice it, and he limped on happily, one foot draped in an exotic piece of feminine underwear, while the two young people watched in abject terror the knickers' slow circuit of the room."
Ballantyne

Currently Reading: The Leopard Hunts In Darkness

Postby annagram » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:01 pm

Amazon.com says "Legend of the Painted Cave" will be released on March 29,2011.
annagram

Postby Nefer » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:03 pm

Seems almost too good to be true! I was thrilled when I found out, hopefully it's better than "Shelters"; which I think suffered from over anticipation syndrome.
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby poneeboy53 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:33 pm

I love the the series but like others said very repetitive and long winded in descriptions. I was lucky I did not start reading any of the series till just a few years ago so I did not have to wait for the next book to come out till after SOS. I can't believe it takes her this long to write a book. Will she ever finish Ayla's strory?
poneeboy53

Currently Reading: Golden Fox

Postby Miss read it » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:20 pm

I read this in an interview on yahoo news "To be honest, I don't feel like I'm through," the author, 74, told The Associated Press during a recent telephone interview. "I still have some material and I'm going to keep on writing. It's what I do."

so who knows I'd hate to see it end but I just want to get to the end already being that she takes so long in between books.
Miss_Read_It
§☼♦If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree.~Jim Rohn♦☼§ ‬‬‫٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶‬.
Miss read it

Currently Reading: blue horizon

Postby annagram » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:29 pm

annagram wrote:Amazon.com says "Legend of the Painted Cave" will be released on March 29,2011.

I forgot about this - think I will check amazon to see.
annagram

Postby annagram » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:31 pm

Amazon says "Land of the Painted Caves" will be released on March 29, 2011.
annagram

Postby Nefer » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:16 pm

Well I've finished the last book, and here are my thoughts :)

Parts 1 and 2 really need an illustrated guide, it was really hard for me to understand the descriptions of the cave art - thank goodness for my ipod, I could look things up as I read. These 2 sections were slow, and I kept thinking that Ayla wasn't the person I've grown used to and loved my whole life.

Part 3 was predictable, but gripping nonetheless - I couldn't put it down for a while! It's so sad to realise that Ayla's story is over, and there will be no more to look forward to. These books have been a part of my life for a long time (since I was a teen).

Not the best book I've read, but the nostalgia factor outweighs the quality of the book - so I give it a 8/10.
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby annagram » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:34 pm

Painted Caves" was even worse than "Shelters" - I was very disappointed. I gave it to my daughter in law and she didn't even finish it and I just skimmed through most of it.
annagram

Previous

Return to Other Authors