Dan Brown

We're not just about Wilbur Smith!

Re: Dan Brown

Postby johnrogers » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:30 am

E-Hoog wrote:I just saw that there is a new Dan Brown novel coming out in May. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inferno_(Dan_Brown_novel)

Anyone excited about this? I'm not in particular, but it might be a fun read.

Yes I am very tuned up to get my hands on Dan Browns new release.I always will judge a book by how much entertainment I get from reading it.Yup I am getting this book the day it comes out.
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Postby E-Hoog » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:11 am

I just hope it's better than Lost Symbol. I liked all his other books :-) (well, sort of anyway)
E-Hoog
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: D-Day - Stephen Ambrose / Rage - Wilbur Smith

Postby johnrogers » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:39 pm

Don't know what it is but I just love reading Dan Brown,I revel like a chelsire cat as I turn the pages,a combination of all the elements,long lost secret societys,underground passages,hidden meanings,partly historical,revelations uncovered and revealed.Inferno I believe becomes available on May 14th and I can't wait to get it.One thing pisses me off and that is the Ebook edition price $18.00 way to expensive for the E version in fact not much less than the Hardcover edition.
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby E-Hoog » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:28 am

Wow, that's pretty expensive indeed :(
E-Hoog
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby E-Hoog » Mon May 13, 2013 7:55 am

I'm currently reading Digital Fortress. I remembered I hadn't read that one yet. I really don't like it. It suddenly reminded me of how shallow his characters and plots are. In a way, all his books are the same. I'm not sure if I will finish it. I'm also listening to The Hunger Games on audiobook and I like that one much much better :)
E-Hoog
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby johnrogers » Mon May 13, 2013 3:30 pm

E-Hoog wrote:I'm currently reading Digital Fortress. I remembered I hadn't read that one yet. I really don't like it. It suddenly reminded me of how shallow his characters and plots are. In a way, all his books are the same. I'm not sure if I will finish it. I'm also listening to The Hunger Games on audiobook and I like that one much much better :)

Hi E-Hoog
Yes i recall reading Digital Fortress as well,it was so so,I agree but I still liked it.By the way E-hoog tomorrow Dan Browns "Infereno" is available for download ,get this E-Hoog the e version is $18.25 cents,damn pricey for an ebook,I know you agree with me on that,problem is I am really want to read it so we will see if I breakdown and buy it.I find popular authors when they publish a new book are pricey,I can relate to the price if it was a hardcover but feel ripped off when it is in e format.
The Hunger Games,I read all three in the series and liked them a lot,very very good,and a little up your alleyas far as your own personal taste of reading,a touch of fantasy built in to the storyline,saying that I loved The Hunger Games big time.
[b7] Wonder when we will see Jeffrey Whittams new book ? :lol:
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby E-Hoog » Tue May 14, 2013 9:07 am

I agree, that is way too much for an e-version. But I'm sure they can get it, so they'll milk it for a while. I will try to give Digital Fortress another shot. And yes, hopefully Jeffs new book will be out soon :).

I'm almost finished with the first book of the Hunger Games. Very exciting stuff and indeed right up my alley :)
E-Hoog
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby johnrogers » Thu May 16, 2013 11:43 am

Inferno: A Novel (Robert Langdon) - publication release was yesterday May 14th.Very interesting there are 43 reviews of this book on Amazon.com ( how can that be it came out yesterday - interesting ? ).The reviews are 3 and a half stars out of five,it seems some are very critical of Dan Brown and his offerings,I have not read the book but plan to very shortly,I love the intrigue of how Dan Brown weaves together,history,science,fantasy,lost secrets of the world,hidden passages,secret society's,etc etc.I read Dan Brown for the entertainment side of reading,not the intellectual side

Out of Interest - Price comparison at release date

Amazon.com hardcover edition - $15.00
Amazon.com ebook price - $18.25
Amazon canada hardcover edition - $15.00
Amazon canada ebook price - $15.99
Chapters Indiggo - hardcover price $16.50
Chapters Indiggo (kobo) ebook price $15.99
Barnes and Noble hardcover price - $17.97
Barnes and Noble (nook) ebook price - $14.99
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby Nefer » Sat May 18, 2013 3:01 pm

"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby johnrogers » Sat May 18, 2013 8:09 pm

Nefer wrote:This article made me laugh!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/1004 ... Brown.html

Looks like Dan Brown does not take to critisism to well.Whatever the case Dan Brown,Queen Elizabeth and President Obama like you well enough - who cares what the critics say.
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby johnrogers » Mon May 27, 2013 11:42 am

Got" Inferno "downloaded on my kindle,I have not read it as I am finishing a triology called The Zambezi Chronicles by Dwight Kopp.Anyway just wanted to say I got my hands on it and I am wanting to read it.What is really a cool thing is the ebooks that my wife downloads to her kindle,I have access to and vice versa,so both of us can read Inferno from our own ebooks,and share the purchase.
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Previous

Return to Other Authors