Raymond Khoury

We're not just about Wilbur Smith!

Raymond Khoury

Postby WSI » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:08 pm

Has anyone read his last (and as far as I know) only book The Last Templar ?

I read it but I'll wait with my opinion ...
Last edited by WSI on Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
WSI
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Monsoon » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:39 pm

I have only glanced at it because i noticed it was to do with the Crusades and templar knights, whom we have met in Birds of Prey, but i think i am right in saying most of the story is set in the modern day with links to the CIA/FBI and terrorism which stopped me from picking the book up because i wanted something more periodic at the time.
While a tiger eyed its prey and an eagle raged in a thunderous sky a river of darkness fell upon a burning sun and the wolf cried tis a time to die, thus did the angels weep as power and triumph in those golden eyes did creep.

Monsoon
Founder Member

Currently Reading: Tower Lord

Postby WSI » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:11 am

Monsoon wrote:I have only glanced at it because i noticed it was to do with the Crusades and templar knights, whom we have met in Birds of Prey, but i think i am right in saying most of the story is set in the modern day with links to the CIA/FBI and terrorism which stopped me from picking the book up because i wanted something more periodic at the time.

so it is: FBI & some kind of "private terrorism" and an lot of conspiration. I couldn't resist at the airport and the critics here were taken with this book ...
WSI
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Return to Other Authors