Bill Bryson

We're not just about Wilbur Smith!

Bill Bryson

Postby tedd » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:49 am

Bill Bryson is a long-time author - but he is not in the same style as our forum's listed fiction writers - in fact he is a non-fiction writer but his books are best-sellers world wide. I've only read one of his books - and I've read it four times and am now reading it again. It's called "A Short History of Nearly Everything".I suppose I would refer to it as a scientific book and I wouldn't pretend to understand and absorb it in total but I think it is written in a day-to-day manner (mostly) that could be understood and enjoyed by all of our forum members. I also think it should be a mandatory read in schools even for those without a scientific bent or interest. It's not in the least bit dull reading - it's science alright but it is not a text-book. Topics include the Universe, evolution, atoms, quarks, development of life, cells,where it is going to end, archaeology, anthropology and loads more,and he brings in the scientists (winners and losers). You can buy any number of this book on the NET for $1-$2 so it won't break the bank and you'd have something to read again and again for the rest of your life. Let me know what you think if you decide to read it.
tedd
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Return to Other Authors