George Mcdonald Fraser

We're not just about Wilbur Smith!

George Mcdonald Fraser

Postby G-Man » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:13 am

Just wondered if anyone has read Fraser's Flashman series. Truly great books. One crossover I always wondered was what would happen if the Coutrneys ever met Flash Harry. Apart from locking up everything female of course and there money of course.
G-Man

Postby Nairobi Zanzibar Bombay » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:19 pm

I've read all but one of the Flashman books, the MacAuslan Series, Quartered Safe Out Here, and Mr American.

GMF is Top Shelf. His interweaving of historical facts, and fantastic first person fiction are always inspiring.

I believe one of the characters from Mr American could have run into WS characters, because he was heading to Africa to serve with Selous, who knew Ballantyne.
NZB Adventure Untamed Outfitters
Nairobi Zanzibar Bombay

Re: George Mcdonald Fraser

Postby Ramon » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:48 am

At work today, I was caught reading "Shout at the Devil" by an English co-worker. At first I was afraid he would make a fuzz about the fact that I was reading at work, but he just asked: "Is that a Swedish version of Wilbur you're reading?"
I told him No, it's an English. We started talking and he had read a couple of Wilbur's books.

He took up a book called "Flashman at charge" by George MacDonald Fraser, and from what he told me, they really sound interesting. I think I will try to get my hands on them as sson as I'm done with all the Wilbur's.
Ramon
Member+
Member+

Re: George Mcdonald Fraser

Postby Ramon » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:44 am

Got the first Flashman in the post yesterday. Some 40 pages into it, it looks really promising.
Ramon
Member+
Member+

Return to Other Authors