Stieg Larsson - The Girl With The Golden Tattoo Series

We're not just about Wilbur Smith!

Stieg Larsson - The Girl With The Golden Tattoo Series

Postby johnrogers » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:20 pm

Isn't it a pity that Mr Stieg Larsson has passed away and the end if his book contributions are gone.As we are all aware the Millennium Trilogy consists of three novels - The Girl With the Golden Tattoo - The Girl Who Played with Fire and the third and final installment ( that I am reading right now ) - The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest. I do not think that I have ever read a mystery/thriller genre that I have enjoyed as much as these contributions.For anyone who has not read these works please make a point of doing so - They are very worthy to read and you will never have a greater experience - Of course make sure you read them in the correct order - The case is unusual because each novel gets better than the previous - MY regards to all - BUT PLEASE READ HIS BOOKS - YOU WILL BE IMPRESSED - I also implore you to go to his website and read his biography,he was born in 1954 and died from a heart attack in 2004.His personal life story is one of the most interesting and diverse lives,I have ever read about,he is as interesting an individual as the characters he created in his novels,Lisbeth Sanders and Michael Blomvist
Last edited by johnrogers on Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:31 am, edited 6 times in total.
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Re: Stieg Larsson - The Millennium Trilogy

Postby Matbow » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:20 pm

Read them, like them, recommend them...
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby johnrogers » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:28 pm

Matbow wrote:Read them, like them, recommend them...

It's a pity that there won't be more of them
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby johnrogers » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:57 pm

johnrogers wrote:
Matbow wrote:Read them, like them, recommend them...

It's a pity that there won't be more of them

I might be wrong there may be more of them,his website says his plan was to write 10 books in total and that the fourth entry in the series was finished at least the beginning and the end were,so keep your eye on the bouncing ball,got a feeling we just might see one more coming down the pipeline.However the matter is tied up in a legal matter where Stieg Larssons heirs are not allowing to go forward with the project.
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Re: Stieg Larsson - The Millennium Series

Postby johnrogers » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:26 am

Got to comment these books were super fantastic - If you have not read them,do yourself one heck of a big favour do.These offerings are some of the best reading material you will ever come across - to good to be true - amazing - superb -read them please
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Re: Stieg Larsson - The Girl With The Golden Tattoo Series

Postby SOELEY » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:57 pm

I to have read them, at first i was worried they might have been over hyped, but soon after starting the first book i realized the hype was well founded.

I have also watched the DVD films of the first two books, the English dubbing on them is really very good with the lip syncing, we'l have to see what the Hollywood versions are like.
SOELEY

Currently Reading: Shock Wave - Clive Cussler

Postby johnrogers » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:34 pm

Hi SOELEY

Hi - I am looking forward to watch hollywoods version of the triology - I really loved the books - I will bet you hollywood does a great job and I am really looking forward to it - I am very happy you responded to the post in fact I was suprised when I did not get back many responses - I just loved to read the Stieg Larrson girl with the golden tatto series I thought it was one of the most enjoyable I have ever participated in fact I thought my post would create a conversation

Is it not a pity that Stiegg Larson passed away way to early in life and will not continue to write about Lisbeth Salander - however enjoy the books I loved them and think they are some of the best storys I have ever read.

Please do yourself a favour and read the authors biography - he was really writing about his alter ego self - he did own a newspaper and was very militant and outspoken about the Swedish government

:lol:

By the way I just re read Hungry as the Sea a few weeks ago :shock:
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby johnrogers » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:45 pm

Has anyone seen the American Version of The Girl With The Golden Tattoo

I have not seen it myself,my wife has been to see it and she says the America version is better than the Swedish film.I have read all three books in the Millennium- triology and have watched all three Swedish made movies of the books.I enjoyed the books as well as anything I have ever read and I thought the movies in the series were very close to the book.I am looking forward to watching the Hollywood version when it comes out on dvd.

If anyone has not read The Girl With The Golden Tattoo series I suggest you do,extemely good books,you will not find many better.
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby Nefer » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:07 pm

I read the series, started over the x-mas break and I completed the last one last night. I wasn't super blown away with them, the writing wasn't the greatest. I did find the story interesting though.

As to the movie - really enjoyed it! I haven't seen the Swedish version; but I must say Rooney Mara did a good job depicting Lisbeth. Certainly can't complain about Daniel Craig ;) Can't wait to watch the other 2 Hollywood versions!

You should go to the cinema to watch it John, you won't regret it :)
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby johnrogers » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:04 am

It was the story that I thought was so good.The swedish movies were all subtitled,you should watch them and compare them to the hollywood version.I am going to wait until the american version comes out on blu-ray,I have some incredible home theatre in my home,sometimes better than being at the theatre to watch a film.You should go to Stieg Larssons website and read his biogrophy,I think Michael Blomvist is Stieg Larrsons alter ego,his life story is quite incredible,and the character he created in his novels is almost a mirror image of his own life.I also read that there is another author who is creating a fourth book in the series,which makes sense due to the popularity of the Millenium series.Are you aware that Stieg Larsson passed away a few years ago?The girl who played Lisbeth in the swedish movies was incredible.I am sure Hollywood has much better movie making capabilities compared to the Swedes - but worthy of watching subtitled or not.
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby johnrogers » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:26 pm

The other thing I did not mention is the quality of the swedish films,they were so very true to the books.A nice finish,and a real treat- after reading the books.I am aware that hollywood would know how to produce the movie more polished and clever than the swedish version,but the swedish version has it's own merits as well.Lisbeth Sanders was one of the most compelling characters I have ever encountered - I would compare the power of her character equal to the charisma of characters in Wilburs novels.Lisbeth and Michael very hypnotic people to say the least.

God bless Stieg Larrson - he was so good :lol:
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Return to Other Authors