Terry Goodkind

We're not just about Wilbur Smith!

Re: Terry Goodkind

Postby Matbow » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:14 pm

Currently reading this series. I don't love the writing, but I can't stop reading!
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby E-Hoog » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:27 am

Haha, you're hooked!

I've learned to take a break between his novels for the best enjoyment of the series. I think I should now be starting book 7 or 8.
E-Hoog
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: D-Day - Stephen Ambrose / Rage - Wilbur Smith

Postby Matbow » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:45 pm

Just finished this series. I really enjoyed the final trilogy a lot more than the other 9 books in the series! I see there is a prequel and a follow up book written, but I might give those a miss for a while.
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby E-Hoog » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:47 pm

Matbow wrote:Just finished this series. I really enjoyed the final trilogy a lot more than the other 9 books in the series! I see there is a prequel and a follow up book written, but I might give those a miss for a while.

Good to hear:-). Now I have something to look forward to
E-Hoog
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby E-Hoog » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:27 am

Matbow wrote:Just finished this series. I really enjoyed the final trilogy a lot more than the other 9 books in the series! I see there is a prequel and a follow up book written, but I might give those a miss for a while.

Hi Matt, it is interesting to read that you enjoyed the final trilogy. Personally, I though them to be quite crappy. I enjoyed the ending (last 50 pages or so), but the rest was highly annoying. Very repetitive. I lost count of how many pages were filled with the message "The Order hates life, we don't". In all seriousness, I think this had to be upward of 75 pages at least. Maybe even a hundred. Anyway, I still like the whole series a lot, but if I ever re-read these books, I'll skip the last 3 and go straight for the ending.

There appear to be some more books in the series, so I might give them a go as well.
E-Hoog
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Previous

Return to Other Authors