Jack Whyte & The Templar Trilogy

We're not just about Wilbur Smith!

Jack Whyte & The Templar Trilogy

Postby Nefer » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:17 pm

I may have mentioned that I am a fan of this author before, but I really need to toot the horn of the new book he has out.

Called "Knights of the Black & White" its the 1st in a trilogy on the Tempalr Knights.

Whyte is best known for his Camulod series, which delves into the hows & why's of Camelot & the whole King Arthur legend. He's done the same with the Templars. No-one really knows anything about them beyond what legend tells us, and he's looking behind the legend to find the men & their stories.

It's basically a brilliant book that explores those (in)famous knights and why they have so much mystery around them. He starts the trilogy in France, and builds the story up into the search of the powerful item(s) that the Templars found in Jerusalem when Pope Urban 1st sent knights there to liberate the "Holy Land" from the "infidels". It's quite fascinating reading into the beginings of the Church & what the Templars apparently believed.

WS had brushed the surface by initimating that the Courtneys were Templars (I forget the book, BoP, I think..?) which is why I'm so curious to find out what Whyte has to say on the topic.

Good reading for us while we await "The Quest"!
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Return to Other Authors