Brand new book on Kindle!

We're not just about Wilbur Smith!

Brand new book on Kindle!

Postby jeffw » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:49 am

My book, Sons of Africa, has just gone live on Amazon. Hope it interests all you hardened Wilbur fans. I know he's still top-of-the-shop, but there has to be place for the little guys. Below, pasted a link straight to Amazon. The first chapters are available as a sample.
jeffw

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sons-of-Africa-ebook/dp/B005FZ06FY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312638299&sr=8-1
jeffw

Re: Brand new book on Kindle!

Postby dtietens » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:41 am

Hi,
Just bought and downloaded it from amazon.de into my Kindle für PC. My first eBook actually to read this way. I am an eager Wilbur Smith fan. It is hard to outdo him. Anyways I am eager to start reading. Jeffrey, congratulations to get your first book publicized. Keep writing !
Dirk
dtietens

Currently Reading: Karin Brynard, Onse vaders

Postby jeffw » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:33 pm

Hi Dirk! You have made my day! My first German download, what a great feeling! I sincerely hope you enjoy Sons of Africa and stay with me for many more adventures. Yes, Wilbur is a hard act to follow, guess that's why no one has attempted it. I am thrilled by your interest.
Best regards,
Jeffrey Whittam
jeffw

Postby E-Hoog » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:32 am

Congratulations Jeff!
E-Hoog
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: D-Day - Stephen Ambrose / Rage - Wilbur Smith

Postby jeffw » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:14 am

E-Hoog wrote:Congratulations Jeff!

Appreciate your interest - you still keeping well?
jeffw

Postby johnrogers » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:56 pm

Hi Jeff

Just downloaded your book from amazon.com - Very much looking forward to reading it congratulations to you Jeff for your great achievment :lol:
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Postby jeffw » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:09 pm

johnrogers wrote:Hi Jeff

Just downloaded your book from amazon.com - Very much looking forward to reading it congratulations to you Jeff for your great achievment :lol:

Hi John - hope it works for you, as I told Dirk, just to walk in Wilbur's footsteps is a great honour, would not insult the man by pretending to be better.
jeffw

Postby E-Hoog » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:58 am

jeffw wrote:

Hi Jeff,

Everything just fine here. Is a hardcopy of you novel still coming out? Or is it just the kindle version for now?
E-Hoog
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: D-Day - Stephen Ambrose / Rage - Wilbur Smith

Postby SOELEY » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:56 am

I have bought it for the Kindle also. I will read it next when I have finished my current WB book. 8)
SOELEY

Currently Reading: Shock Wave - Clive Cussler

Postby jeffw » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:59 am

SOELEY wrote:I have bought it for the Kindle also. I will read it next when I have finished my current WB book. 8)

Hi Soeley - A Falcon Flies - what a great work of art. Without any doubt, the man is a star.Many thanks for your support.
jeffw

Postby jeffw » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:03 am

E-Hoog wrote:
jeffw wrote:

Hi Jeff,

Everything just fine here. Is a hardcopy of you novel still coming out? Or is it just the kindle version for now?

There will be a hardcopy version, but got to steady the ship first.
Take care,
Jeff
jeffw

Postby dtietens » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:37 pm

Hi Jeff,
Finished reading your book yesterday. It was a fast moving and entertaining piece of literature. Well done. I will check now and then your website/blog (http://jeffreywhittam.blogspot.com/) when your next publication will be out. Your blog is worthwile reading as well... I spend a whole saturday morning on it. I was working and living 20 years in Africa. My son was born in Mutare. For the moment I am working in Brazil but hope to be back in Southern Africa next year. Do you know the book "Mukiwa: A White Boy in Africa" from Peter Goldwin? I reads more as a documentary of how "living" was in Zimbabwe from 1965 until independance.
Best, Dirk.
dtietens

Currently Reading: Karin Brynard, Onse vaders

Postby jeffw » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:37 am

dtietens wrote:Hi Jeff,
Finished reading your book yesterday. It was a fast moving and entertaining piece of literature. Well done. I will check now and then your website/blog (http://jeffreywhittam.blogspot.com/) when your next publication will be out. Your blog is worthwile reading as well... I spend a whole saturday morning on it. I was working and living 20 years in Africa. My son was born in Mutare. For the moment I am working in Brazil but hope to be back in Southern Africa next year. Do you know the book "Mukiwa: A White Boy in Africa" from Peter Goldwin? I reads more as a documentary of how "living" was in Zimbabwe from 1965 until independance.
Best, Dirk.

Hi Dirk - thanks for the feed back, really helpful. The sequel, Empress Gold will be available early next year; putting in the hours to get it finished.
Agree with your review of Peter's book; well written but more the documentary type, though nothing wrong with that. Myself - more the romantic dreamer so love books that lean to Africa's more adventurous side.
Mutare was, in its heyday a beautiful town, many a passing through there on my way to Inyanga.
If the urge takes you, take a few minutes to review my book on Amazon. Will do my best to make my blog entertaining. Perhaps a word or two on the Eastern Districts. Inyanga was one of my favourite places.
Again, my best to you for all your support. Stay with it for Empress Gold.
jeffw

Return to Other Authors