Eric Lustbader

We're not just about Wilbur Smith!

Eric Lustbader

Postby Nichiren » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:03 am

just wondering if there are any Lustbader fans here. Hes a rather obscure man but oh so nice :wink:
Nichiren

Postby Matbow » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:00 pm

Never heard of him, but I've just had a look at his site and few book reviews and he sounds interesting - especially the ninja novels. I've developed a bit of an interest in Japan and the East from the James Clavell books I've just read so I might have a look in the library...
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Nefer » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:37 pm

Matbow wrote:I've developed a bit of an interest in Japan and the East from the James Clavell books I've just read so I might have a look in the library...

Hehe, me too! Think I might give this dude a spin once I actually have the time to read again!

Thanks for the heads up, Nichiren :)

Am lazy to do my own research, can you give me a non-spoiler version of the book you'd recommend to a newbie?
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Nichiren » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:22 am

well probably the first in the Nicholas Linear series which is, if my memory serves (which it normally doesnt)'The Ninja'. His writing style is intense and i guess that won't appeal to some people. Be prepared for wild sex and heavy violence. it opens the mind put it that way. Lustbader started my interest in the east and the honour of all the clans for want of a better word. even the Yakuza which he has been know to write about. but anyway im rambling. i do hope you enjoy.
Nichiren

Return to Other Authors