The Mongoliad - Book 1

We're not just about Wilbur Smith!

The Mongoliad - Book 1

Postby SOELEY » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:12 am

Written by Greg Bear, Neal Stephenson, Mark Teppo, Erik Bear, Joseph Brassey, Cooper Moo & E.D. deBirmingham.

It is not often I put a book down and stop reading it, only once before I have done that that I can remember. I always try to finish a book even if it is a bad book.

But this one I got 38% way through, and enough was enough. I just couldn't get on with it and was starting to dread picking up my Kindle. I'm not really sure what it was, it just didn't seem to flow and didn't seem very well written. For the time period it is set in, it didn't seem to use words or language I would have expected.

Whether it is a case of too many authors I don't know?
SOELEY

Currently Reading: Shock Wave - Clive Cussler

Re: The Mongoliad - Book 1

Postby johnrogers » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:46 pm

It happens once in a while you read a book but simply find yourself forcing yourself on to read it ,hoping the next page will tie it all together.This just happened to me with a crime novel I was reading called Blood Stained by CJ Lyons.Funny his first book in the series was really very good but the second book was so disjointed and the storyline was really stupid to describe it as best I can.I read about 60% of the book before I said enough and quit reading it.If I read a book and I find it slow in the beginning I always endure until the book gets better and usually it does if you hang in for the first 100 or 200 pages.As I say it is rare for me not to finish a book I always try to struggle to the end even if I am not really enjoying it that much.
The fact that there are 5 different authors writing one book seems crazy,5 different styles in one book sounds pretty hard to get a feel for for sure.
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Return to Other Authors