Jean Naggar

We're not just about Wilbur Smith!

Jean Naggar

Postby SOELEY » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:20 am

I was just wondering if any one had read 'Sipping From The Nile' by the author above?

I have downloaded a sample to my Kindle and read about half of it so far, it looks promising. I think i'll probably buy the whole book and read it.

Here is an excerpt from the Kindle store:

Book Description
Publication Date: 3 Jan 2012

Born into a prominent, sophisticated Jewish family who spend time in Europe and live in the Middle East, author Jean Naggar’s coming of age memoir tells the story of her protected youth in an exotic multicultural milieu. To Naggar her childhood seemed a magical time that would never come to an end. But in 1956, Egyptian President Nasser’s nationalizing of the Suez Canal set in motion events that would change her life forever.
An enchanted way of life suddenly ended by multinational hostilities, her close-knit extended family is soon scattered far and wide. Naggar’s own family moves to London where she finishes her schooling and is swept into adulthood and the challenge of new horizons in America. Speaking for a different wave of immigrants whose Sephardic origins highlight the American Jewish story through an unfamiliar lens, Naggar traces her personal journey through lost worlds and difficult transitions, exotic locales and strong family values. An award-winning finalist in the Autobiography/Memoirs category of the 2012 International Book Awards, the story resonates for all in this poignant exploration of the innocence of childhood in a world breaking apart.
SOELEY

Currently Reading: Shock Wave - Clive Cussler

Return to Other Authors