James Rollins - Anybody Fans In The Forum

We're not just about Wilbur Smith!

James Rollins - Anybody Fans In The Forum

Postby johnrogers » Mon May 20, 2013 11:40 am

Just Wondering if there are any other members who like reading James Rollins,I have read all the Sigma Force novels and have had a lot of fun reading them.They get pretty far fetched by the books endings but I am ok with that.I have just finished the latest in the Sigma Force series "Bloodline",really a thrill a second to read,always something going on to hold your interest,but as I say the ending get pretty 'hokey pokey',I find James Rollins writing style to be very similar to Dan Browns style of writing and story telling.Anyone who is a follower of The Sigma Series should know there is a new book coming out June 25th it will be called The Eye of God.

As well I see James Rollins has a new series he has begun called The Order Of The Sanguines Series it looks like the first in the series is called The Blood Gospel released January of this year and a second in the series coming out in December of this year called Innocent Blood.I have not started the series but intend to soon,as well I should mention The Order Of The Sanguines Series is co written with another writer by the name of Rebecca Cantrell.

James Rollins has also published quite a few standalones and I have not read every one of them but have found some of them are really terrible,however I pushed myself thru and read them to the end.I am certain James Rollins has a fair amount of critics out there but I for one really enjoy reading most of his works ( not all of them ) most of them.
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Re: James Rollins - Anybody Fans In The Forum

Postby Matbow » Mon May 20, 2013 7:04 pm

What genre?

I am almost reaching the end of Vince Flynn's "Mitch Rapp" series and this sounds interesting...
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Re: James Rollins - Anybody Fans In The Forum

Postby johnrogers » Tue May 21, 2013 1:19 pm

Matbow - best way I can describe genre of book is this - this is a short description of the first book in the James Rollins Sigma Force series called - Map Of Bones:A Sigma Force Novel (book 1)

"The crime is inhumanly cruel with horrific consequences both unthinkable and inevitable.During a service at a cathedrel in Cologne,Germany,a band of armed intruders dressed in monk's robes unleashes a nightmare of blood and terror,ruthlessly gunning down worshipers and clergy alike.The kiler's have not come for the churches gold and valuable artwork,but for the priceless treasure secreted within:the preserved bones of the Three Magi who once came to pay homeage to a new saviour.As they flee the carnage they have wrought,they carry a prize that could reshape the world."

www.jamesrollins.com - there are several novels in the series check website for listing of proper sequence - if you become interested best to read from book 1 - Map Of Bones first published july 23rd/2005
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Return to Other Authors