Other author forums?

We're not just about Wilbur Smith!

Other author forums?

Postby Matbow » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:56 pm

Hi all,

I started this forum back in 2005 because no where existed to talk about the books of Wilbur Smith - I had no idea if anyone would be interested; 7500 posts later it's safe to assume there was/is!

Of late I've noticed that there's been quite a few posts in this section of the forum, so I was wondering - are there any other popular authors out there with a large fan base that don't have forums?

So, if you can think of one then here's the place to post it. If it looks like there might be interest (and the author has enough material to discuss) then I'll create a new forum and hopefully we'll have another popular community!

Matt
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Nefer » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:50 pm

James Clavell, Jilly Cooper :) (& Margaret George, but I have a feeling I'm the only fan of her here!)
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Penitent » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:44 pm

Interesting proposition! There are so many, Ken Follett, Bernard Cornwell…

Maybe we should do a poll…
The Penitent
Penitent
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Other author forums?

Postby Ada » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:30 am

Ken Follet gets my vote because:

he has written enough books;
    has a good up to date Web site which if a link can be established (as with WS's), should bring in more members;
    he is alive/still writing;
    he has the same publisher as WS; and
    they both live in England.

(Place of residence & publisher mentioned as this may facilitate interviewing.)
Ada
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: The Elephant to Hollywood

Postby Matbow » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:49 pm

I think Clavell and Follet sound like good options, I may have to read some Follet books to see what I'm missing out on...
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Re: Other author forums?

Postby Miss read it » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:58 pm

Well I am a member of the ECfans forum (Earths Children Series) the author is Jean Auel. I found it the same way I found this one researching for more books from an author I really enjoy. I've been getting on it for about a year maybe a little less I've notice the traffic in here is not has much has on that forum though Wilbur Smiths book are 100% way better then Jean Auel I get on it everyday and for the first few months all the conversation and post was about the actual books but now I go there mostly for the people I have met and the friends I have made. There is always some one on, no less then 15 to 20 at time at all times being that they are all over the world and different time zones. I opened a thread there asking for any Wilbur Smith fans but I didnt get any bites and I found this site where everyone has fallen for these books just has hard has me. Hope to hear a reply from someone on some of my posts .

*Leslie* :D

edited: So I wrote all of that up there and didnt notice the actual ? of the thread but I agree Ken Follett was my favorite author till I found Wilbur Smith. Other books I really enjoyed were from Sidney Sheldon dont know if he has enough material to open a forum even though his books are good .
Miss_Read_It
§☼♦If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree.~Jim Rohn♦☼§ ‬‬‫٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶‬.
Miss read it

Currently Reading: blue horizon

Return to Other Authors