Matthew Reilly.

We're not just about Wilbur Smith!

Matthew Reilly.

Postby Penitent » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:28 pm

I should apologize to the Australians on this forum, but Matthew Reilly blows!

I read “Ice Station” and it was good for a comic book or one of those senseless summer blockbuster action movies. But for a book this was pretty bad.
Since I hate to give bad reviews to an author having read only one book. I tried “Temple” and well… it sucked even more…
The Penitent
Penitent
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Monsoon » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:04 am

Well for an author who started out alone and decided to publish and sell his first 1000 books and who is now a best seller, i don't think he is entitled to be labeled a 'bad author'!
We have mentioned him before on this forum and i don't think i am the only one here who likes him.
I thought Ice Station was pretty good.
Temple was excellent.
Area 51 dipped below the bar a little.
And Contest is my favourite of his.
Scarecrow i haven't read yet because i am saving it up for when i'm on my travels again. His storylines are easy to jump straight into because the action is fast paced as opposed to comic book style ..IMHO.
While a tiger eyed its prey and an eagle raged in a thunderous sky a river of darkness fell upon a burning sun and the wolf cried tis a time to die, thus did the angels weep as power and triumph in those golden eyes did creep.

Monsoon
Founder Member

Currently Reading: Tower Lord

Postby Penitent » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:33 pm

Monsoon, the above is just my opinion, there is no question that the guy sells and has exposure, that’s why I decided to read two of his books and did not do it for me.
And remember that being a “Best Seller” does not entitle a writer to be labeled as a “good author” either.
The Penitent
Penitent
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Return to Other Authors