Michael Crichton (The Jurassic Park guy)

We're not just about Wilbur Smith!

Michael Crichton (The Jurassic Park guy)

Postby Penitent » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:40 pm

I read "Jurassic Park" when it first came out in the early nineties. And I thought it was a fine science fiction book, I also thought that it would be the perfect material for Steven Spielberg to make a movie out of. Well, Steven Spielberg made his movie and it was a mistake to watch it after reading the book. The novel is far superior if farfetched at some points. I reread it recently and I like it even better. It's dark, gory, imaginative and gripping.
An amusement park full of real dinos! I can't believe I did not have that idea myself…
The Penitent
Penitent
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Son of the Silver Fox » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:22 pm

I Agree I Liked Jurassic Park, however for a true test try Sphere, Contact, The 13th Warrior, or The Terminal Man...they suck like an Electrolux.
"Ignorance doesn't suck for the ignorant they just don't know any better."
Son of the Silver Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: All Things Must Figh

Postby Penitent » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:36 pm

The warning for Sphere comes a little too late… But I will watch out for the others
The Penitent
Penitent
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Michael Crichton

Postby Ada » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:46 am

I had a thing going for Crichton a while back and read:
    The Andromeda Strain
    Congo
    Jurassic Park
    Rising Sun (the only one I own a copy of & have seen the movie which starred Sean Connery)
    Disclosure
    The Lost World
    Airframe
    Timeline

Keeping in mind my previous recording system for: "The Books I Have Read", was lousy - i.e. scraps of paper with only an occasional comment written next to the titles/authors (and those mainly being "boring" or "don't read anymore"). The above mustn't have been too bad as there were no comments/notes with the list. (Also I would not have read that many of his novels if I didn't like them.)

It's a shame when an author can write a batch of really good books and then produce a whole lot of stinkers. Thank goodness we've got free libraries :D.
Ada
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: The Elephant to Hollywood

Return to Other Authors