MISCELLANEOUS

We're not just about Wilbur Smith!

MISCELLANEOUS

Postby Ada » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:16 am

I have posted this topic to give members a place to post authors who are obscure, relatively unknown or maybe ones who are well known but we're embarrassed to say we've read/liked! If one does receive a lot of posts, then maybe if he wants to, Matt could move them/create a separate thread.

I will start it off with Anne McCaffrey.

She is an extremely prolific writer who has also used a lot of different co-writers. Her main field is Fantasy Sci. Fi. & I've read 38 of her books - including ones from her Dragon Books, Crystal Singer Books, Talent Series, the Tower and the Hive Sequence and many more. I love the idea of sentient planets, talking dolphins and space ships with human brains. I haven't read enough Sci. Fi. to know who pinched what from whom but I have found myself watching various sci. fi. movies or TV shows & saying "Hey", I've read that idea before - Anne McCaffrey used that in one of her books!
Last edited by Ada on Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ada
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: The Elephant to Hollywood

Postby delby » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:22 am

Not exactly embarrassed but i own everything Catherine Cookson ever wrote, she is a very easy read with a sense of compassion and a great understanding of the people she writes about. Also i only live about twenty miles from Jarrow where most of her novels were set so its like my own history im reading.
WILLIE SMITH IS KING
delby
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: The Slave Stealer By Boyd Upchurch

MISCELLANEOUS

Postby Ada » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:54 pm

I've just been offered Douglas Adams' 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' - has anyone else read it & what did you think of it?

(I don't think I've seen it mentioned any where on this forum - apologies if it has & please direct me to the thread if that's the case.)
Ada
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Matbow » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:42 am

Wow, it looks like Yakumo may be able to make another book related contribution!
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Misc.

Postby Ada » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:53 pm

^ Thanks Matt. Found it. (Yakumo likes them all "for a laugh".)

I keep forgetting about the "search" facility on this forum. #-o
Ada
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Return to Other Authors