Richard Adams

We're not just about Wilbur Smith!

Richard Adams

Postby delby » Wed May 02, 2007 12:22 pm

I first read Watership Down by richard adams as a teenager and I was enthralled by the way there was almost no human activity in the book at all . Adams must be very passionate about animals to be able to write about them in this way .

Anyway recently I found a box set by him at a car boot sale and Im about a quarter of the way through the Plague Dogs yet again very animal orientated the two dogs have escaped from an animal testing facility one has been plunged into a tank of water daily to see how long it will fight to stay alive which was so traumatic for me to read about ive had to put it down for a while but not for long as its too good not to read.
WILLIE SMITH IS KING
delby
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: The Slave Stealer By Boyd Upchurch

Re: Richard Adams

Postby nebogatoff » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:51 am

Its been over 25 years since I read "Watership Down". Great book. "The Plague Dogs" made me cry. Great stuff.
nebogatoff

Postby poneeboy53 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:03 am

Watership Down is one of my all time favorite books. It is one of the few books I have ever read twice. I first read it when I was like 12 which is almost 20 years ago and I still remember most of the details and characters in that book. The sequal to that book was not nearly as good.
poneeboy53

Currently Reading: Golden Fox

Postby Ballantyne » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:16 pm

Watership Down gave me the creeps in parts!
Haven't finished Plague Dogs as I just couldn't get into it.
Haven't been able to get into Shardik either.
"She gabbled meaningless replies to her father's questions and tried to lead him towards the door, but it was like trying to divert a bull elephant from his set purpose. Inexorably, Sean bore down upon the discarded knickers and the canvas where Mark cowered.

At his next step, the silk wrapped itself around the toe of his boot. The material was so filmy and light that he did not notice it, and he limped on happily, one foot draped in an exotic piece of feminine underwear, while the two young people watched in abject terror the knickers' slow circuit of the room."
Ballantyne

Currently Reading: The Leopard Hunts In Darkness

Postby annagram » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:25 pm

"Watership Down" was a great book and I don't usually like animal stories.
annagram

Currently Reading: The winner by David baldacci

Return to Other Authors