Interview

The place to post published WS articles, interviews etc..

Interview

Postby Matbow » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:21 pm

Just found this on the BBC website.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/breakfast/2822023.stm

It's an interview with WS back in 2003 before the release of Blue Horizon. Bit dated, but quite interesting

Enjoy!
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Monsoon » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:08 pm

the infamous Roberts' Road,

Ah yes, the Roberts'??!! Road, we know it so well! :shock:
While a tiger eyed its prey and an eagle raged in a thunderous sky a river of darkness fell upon a burning sun and the wolf cried tis a time to die, thus did the angels weep as power and triumph in those golden eyes did creep.

Monsoon
Founder Member

Currently Reading: Tower Lord

Postby John R » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:31 am

Thanks for posting that Mat. I enjoyed watching the video. Never heard him speak before.

Does anyone else know of more video clips of Wilbur Interviews that are out there? I'll have a look myself too.

Just out of interest, he mentioned his wife, but her name wasn't Danielle (with whom all his previous books were dedicated to) so what happened there? anyone know?
John R
Founder Member

Currently Reading: A Time To Die

Postby Matbow » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:48 am

I think his first wife died...I remember reading somwhere that she had a brain tumour and according to WS, became a completely different person. I assumed from the fact that he has another wife that she died, but I could be wrong!
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby WSI » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:20 pm

matbow wrote:I think his first wife died...I remember reading somwhere that she had a brain tumour and according to WS, became a completely different person. I assumed from the fact that he has another wife that she died, but I could be wrong!

Danielle (Thomas) died in december 1999 by a brain tumor. Wilbur married again in 2000 Niso Rakhimova from ex-russian country. To her "Warlock" is dedicated.
Before Danielle he was married two times: First with Jewell Sabbert (marr. 1964, soon divorced) and Anne, someone WS doesn't want to speak of. With Dee-Dee he was married from 1971 till her death.
Wilbur has three children: Christian, Shaun and Dieter (stepson out of the first marriage of Dee-Dee), as far as one can can know there's no good relationship between them.
WSI
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby John R » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:11 pm

Wilbur has been married 4 times! :shock: I knew he liked his women but still.
John R
Founder Member

Postby Nefer » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:22 pm

Hehe... yeah, he doesn't look like a looke, even in his better days!
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby WSI » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:32 am

JohnRook wrote:Wilbur has been married 4 times! :shock: I knew he liked his women but still.

Well, I'm not sure that this is not some kind of curse ... 8)
WSI
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby John R » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:15 am

Neferk wrote:
Hehe... yeah, he doesn't look like a looke, even in his better days!

No, he's not much of a looker, even when he was younger. Its obvious that he must have the charm that his characters in his books posses. I've read that he very much likes the ladies. Wilber signed some book for this young lady and said something like "I never forget a pretty face"

WSI wrote:
Well, I'm not sure that this is not some kind of curse ... 8)

For him to be married 4 times, i think it is both lucky and unlucky. Lucky to have found love more than once, but also unlucky that its not lasted.
John R
Founder Member

Postby WSI » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:06 pm

Everytime it comes to love and marriage I get somewhat sarcastic, can't help it. :twisted:
But to be serious: I guess Wilbur really did love Dee-Dee, the two before were "mistakes". Well, and about Niso I'm not so sure, can't make my mind.
WSI
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Matbow » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:51 pm

Its obvious that he must have the charm that his characters in his books posses.

and a few million in the bank!
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby WSI » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:54 pm

matbow wrote:

oh, you are so cynical, mat. That only can be true love, love for ever ... 8)

Or it might, anyway. :shock:
WSI
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby John R » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:05 pm

matbow wrote:
Its obvious that he must have the charm that his characters in his books posses.

Too true! Maybe i'm being a bit nasty but what does his new wife actually see in Wilbur, a man more than twice her age? Can't help but think money is a factor. Still...what do i know!!
John R
Founder Member

Postby Nefer » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:32 pm

You never know - have you all noticed that the male characters in WS's more recent books are marrying younger women? And they all fall in love and live contentedly till the dude dies, hehe.

And back on topic - I can't watch the video for some reason. I tried Windows Media Player & Winamp. No luck. What program did you guys use?
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby WSI » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:37 pm

neferk wrote:And back on topic - I can't watch the video for some reason. I tried Windows Media Player & Winamp. No luck. What program did you guys use?

will real player 10.5 it works excellent (I guess it is a rp file)
WSI
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Nefer » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:14 pm

Oh, lol, well that explains it! I don't have realplayer, time to download it :)

Thanks WSI!
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Return to The Library