Maps for the Egyptian Series

Discussion about Wilbur Smith's Egyptian series.

Maps for the Egyptian Series

Postby Khalekan » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:20 am

Greetings everyone, :D

I have just joined the forums and am looking forward to many interesting discussions.

Last week I recommended River God for a friend to read as I recall loving it back in the 90s. I had not followed up on any of Mr Smith's new material since Warlock. Am I bad? I was pleasantly surprised to find The Quest on the shelves of the local book store and currently half way through it.

Anyway. I usually blow up any maps used in books and when I have time, recreate them to a bigger size (up to 1m x 2m sometimes) so I can view locations immediately without turning to the front of books constantly. My question then is, are there or has anyone created more accurate maps of this series and if yes, where can I find them?

Cheers
Khalekan

Postby Matbow » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:17 pm

Not that I'm aware of :( I often forget there are maps in the front of the books, so having them separate seems like a good idea!
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Re: Maps for the Egyptian Series

Postby gerardgreaves » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:23 am

in the seventh scroll, i would be intrigued to know where precisely along the river the action is taking place, if indeed wilbur smith had a particular place in mind. google earth has top-class images of much of the blue nile in ethiopia, not far from the sudanese border (the same view, i suppose, our protagonists had from their aircraft upon approach); but there is no stretch of the gorge that leaps out as the obvious spot - the very narrow channel along which nicholas is swept, or the bowl where the sink hole is discovered, for example. has anyone any thoughts? if so, google earth co-ordinates would be most welcome.
gerardgreaves

Currently Reading: seventh scroll

Return to The Egyptians