Reading Guide/Discussion Questions for River God SPOILERS

Discussion about Wilbur Smith's Egyptian series.

Reading Guide/Discussion Questions for River God SPOILERS

Postby Nefer » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:34 pm

This is my first attempt at a reading guide for a book, so please be patient with me! If you have any suggestions please add them onto the thread :)

Before you go on please beware that there are spoilers in this thread.

Spoiler:
The beginning of this book deals with manipulation. Do you think that we are as manipulative as these characters are in our daily lives as we attempt to get things done?

River God also deals with issues of leadership and how it affects the general populace. We see a weak man, a greedy subordinate, and a idealist who must contend with both in order to bring peace to the kingdom. Do you think the idealist would have been successful without using some of the methods of the two leaders before him?

The love triangle has a Lolita aspect to it. Has this affected your image of the characters and the book itself? Why/why not?
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Re: Reading Guide/Discussion Questions for River God SPOILERS

Postby Matbow » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:20 pm

Wow, quite a lot of thought put into that Nefer, you could be a teacher you know :mrgreen:
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Nefer » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:35 pm

Yeah I should dump this trying to be a writer bit and switch professions 8)

For those not in the know, I really am a high school Science teacher :mrgreen:
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby martha garske » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:48 pm

My wife is having a book club discussion of River God. Where is the best site to get discussion questions to use for it. Larry Garske
martha garske

Currently Reading: river god

Return to The Egyptians