River God reviews.

Discussion about Wilbur Smith's Egyptian series.

Rate River God

10 -Excellent
75%
10%
No votes
10%
No votes
No votes
No votes
5%
No votes
1 - Poor
No votes

Total votes : 20

Postby Bee » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:22 am

Ahhh... disappointment with the storyline. Isn't that all too familiar. I get disappointed with endings also.
Bee
Founder Member

Postby Monsoon » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:24 pm

Meren wrote:
For me, I have only read River God and Warlock, so this is the style that introduced me to the author. If his other books aren't like these two, I'm not sure if I want to read them >.> Lol.

I shouldn't worry Meren, 'Warlock' is in my top 5 WS books so there will be much for you to enjoy, unless of course it is primarily Egypt that is driving your reading.
While a tiger eyed its prey and an eagle raged in a thunderous sky a river of darkness fell upon a burning sun and the wolf cried tis a time to die, thus did the angels weep as power and triumph in those golden eyes did creep.

Monsoon
Founder Member

Currently Reading: Tower Lord

Postby i_heart_nefie » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:19 pm

i thought the ending should have been longer, it felt like there was more to be said....until recently i had only read river god and warlock too so i loved the whole book. But now i know what a really good ending is so my opinion is a bit different. still, the ending made me cry....
"I would very much like to come hunting with you please...." - Little Mem
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Location: On board the 'Sprite' with the Courtneys, or QLD, AUS
Currently Reading: The Sunbird

Postby Nefer » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:34 am

i_heart_nefie wrote: But now i know what a really good ending is so my opinion is a bit different.

Now I'm curious... which ending did you think was the best... and obviously you think Warlock doesn't compare. I kinda thought it was a great way to end, as it followed in the footsteps of River God, where the story didn't end with Taita but with the people he was involved with.
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Kate4Tanus » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:37 am

I liked the ending to Warlock better than River God. Just because it felt more... final- but at the same time like Taita and everyone would keep on going happily, you know?
'You were ever more than a tutor to me,' Memnon answered softly. 'You where the father I never knew.'
Kate4Tanus

Postby i_heart_nefie » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:20 am

oh i love the ending to warlock, it's one of my faves but i just read Monsoon and i thought that the ending was really good.Although it's pretty stupid to compare the endings as they are both extremely different stories. I really like emotional endings :cry:
"I would very much like to come hunting with you please...." - Little Mem
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Location: On board the 'Sprite' with the Courtneys, or QLD, AUS
Currently Reading: The Sunbird

Postby Penitent » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:35 pm

I have read aproximately half of WS books. Of those I consider "River God" the only absolute 10, so far...
The Penitent
Penitent
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby delby » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:26 pm

Ive gived rg a 7 it was my first and I loved it but it pales in comparison to the likes of Leopard and Angels also I just cant seem to get past the first few pages of warlock even tho I really want to read more taita I hope the Quest is a bit more me .
WILLIE SMITH IS KING
delby
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: The Slave Stealer By Boyd Upchurch

Previous

Return to The Egyptians