Intro/Reading order

Discussion about Wilbur Smith's Egyptian series.

Postby Phils_jd » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:11 pm

I might have to go back and re read them - all I seem to do is remember getting embarrased on the Train from crying - tears of laughter unfortunately. Guess I aint no SNAG
Phils_jd
Founder Member

Postby Kate4Tanus » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:52 am

I am a member of the Crying Club! I wept the whole time!Especially with Tanus... *sigh*

oh and i read them like this

Rivergod -
Warlock
7th Scroll
'You were ever more than a tutor to me,' Memnon answered softly. 'You where the father I never knew.'
Kate4Tanus

Postby Monsoon » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:46 am

Guess I aint no SNAG

What is a SNAG..anybody?
While a tiger eyed its prey and an eagle raged in a thunderous sky a river of darkness fell upon a burning sun and the wolf cried tis a time to die, thus did the angels weep as power and triumph in those golden eyes did creep.

Monsoon
Founder Member

Currently Reading: Tower Lord

Postby Bee » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:56 pm

No clue... :s
Bee
Founder Member

Postby Kate4Tanus » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:33 am

I don't know
'You were ever more than a tutor to me,' Memnon answered softly. 'You where the father I never knew.'
Kate4Tanus

Postby Rivaan » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:28 am

I found this.

In sociology, a S.N.A.G. is a "sensitive new age guy"; that is, a male person who displays sensitivity towards his relationship with women, and who eschews the more aggressive, "macho" side of masculinity. S.N.A.G. is so called because such men are stereotypically (but often inaccurately) identified by others as being "new age", such as being interested in minority religions, new-age literature, or modern spirituality, as opposed to the type of men who worship beer, football and sex symbols.

I guess that would make me a SNAG then, lol. I don't drink. The only football I like are the world and european cups. Sex symbols? Who needs them when your girlfriend is one, in your eyes =P Lol. I don't act macho at all, and I often help my friends out with their emotional distresses as I am quite an empathic/empathetic person.

Lol. So I think I AM a SNAG =P
Rivaan

Postby Kate4Tanus » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:31 am

Nice find Meren!
Kate4Tanus

Postby Monsoon » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:19 am

I don't know where i stand then, because i am a little bit of each and not a lot of either!
While a tiger eyed its prey and an eagle raged in a thunderous sky a river of darkness fell upon a burning sun and the wolf cried tis a time to die, thus did the angels weep as power and triumph in those golden eyes did creep.

Monsoon
Founder Member

Postby Kate4Tanus » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:14 am

You can be in the middle!
Kate4Tanus

Postby i_heart_nefie » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:08 am

I'd complain that i didnt get to be one but i think that all females are anyway lol.
"I would very much like to come hunting with you please...." - Little Mem
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Location: On board the 'Sprite' with the Courtneys, or QLD, AUS
Currently Reading: The Sunbird

Postby Monsoon » Tue May 02, 2006 1:55 pm

Kate4Tanus wrote:You can be in the middle!

I'd hate to be in the middle of you two.. :cry:.. I don't know which ear would ache most the left or the right!

Monsoon
Founder Member

Postby Phils_jd » Tue May 02, 2006 5:10 pm

sorry - i thought i replied and gave you the defininion, guess i was too busy being a friend to someone. yuk
Phils_jd
Founder Member

Postby Kate4Tanus » Wed May 03, 2006 1:12 am

Monsoon wrote:
Kate4Tanus wrote:You can be in the middle!

I'd hate to be in the middle of you two.. :cry:.. I don't know which ear would ache most the left or the right!

hee hee! Is that a compliment? ha ha ha. I think whatever side I was on would hurt more!
Kate4Tanus

Postby Bee » Thu May 04, 2006 9:57 am

Kate4Tanus wrote:
hee hee! Is that a compliment? ha ha ha. I think whatever side I was on would hurt more!

I wouldn't let anyone know that... :D sounds scary... :lol:
Bee
Founder Member

Postby Kate4Tanus » Fri May 05, 2006 9:40 pm

a little bit, yeh. But hey, that's me!
Kate4Tanus

Taita started it.

Postby Son of the Silver Fox » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:18 pm

Many Years ago, while reading in bed with the wife, She let out a sound of disgust and said "GROSS!" and tossed down the book she had been reading. Natural male curiosity led me to pick up said "GROSS" book and explore this River God book. [spoiler]reading about Taita having to wear his severed manhood as a pendant, got me intrigued, read the book and enjoyed it. I had found WS and have since read all 30 books. some a few times, please don't be offended but does anyone else find Taita "cheesy"? I mean the guy invented everything. "He's the Mcguyver of the Pharrohs."[/spoiler]
"Ignorance doesn't suck for the ignorant they just don't know any better."
Son of the Silver Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: All Things Must Figh

Postby Nefer » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:44 pm

That's why I love him so much!

In all modesty, he is a genius :mrgreen:
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Rivaan » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:56 am

I find it fun to be reading about the guy who does all that :D It also makes Taita quite a reliable character, when there's trouble.
The four points of the compass be logic, knowledge, wisdom, and the unknown.
Some do bow in that final direction. Others advance upon it. To bow before the one
is to lose sight of the three. I may submit to the unknown, but never to the unknowable.
The man who bows in that final direction is either a saint or a fool. I have no use for either.
- Yama, Lord of Light
Rivaan

Postby John R » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:18 pm

That's got to be one of the most unusal ways of getting into wilbur! but they all count lol
John R
Founder Member

Currently Reading: A Time To Die

Completed "seventh Schroll" for the fifth time

Postby vallabh » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:19 am

Among all the Taitas novels I read only Seventh Schroll. I am really happy about that. I keep on reading that novel and I have become an addict to that one. I read it during my graduation. Then during masters. Fist job, second and recently I completed again.

I understand from all of ur words that remaining egyptian series has sad endings. But seventh schroll is the greatest of all of them I think then. It has a very tactful ending. Around the time I kept reading these novels the movie series Mummy & Mummy returns too keeps going. So I keep comparing the characters with Brenden Fraser & Rachel Weisz.

Seventh Schroll is the best of all egyptian novels.
vallabh

PreviousNext

Return to The Egyptians