Just finished Warlock...

Discussion about Wilbur Smith's Egyptian series.

Postby Egyptian Eyes » Tue May 15, 2007 6:14 am

Yeah, i hated him initially since he killed Memnon, who i also love. but all of a sudden, i became seduced because of the hot descriptions of him.... and subsequently, felt really ashamed of myself! :oops: well as i said, though he may have been pretty to look upon, in real life, i would never go out w/ someone like him.
Sometimes, we get through adversity only by imagining what the world might be like if our dreams should ever come true.
~Arthur Golden, 'Memoirs of a Geisha'
Egyptian Eyes

Re: Just finished Warlock...

Postby Bids » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:06 am

Finished Warlock myself last night. Really enjoyed the book. Still a LONG way of River God for me but a very enjoyable book.

One stupid thing i wasnt able to shake when reading was the the fact that i had Naja in my head as a chinese bloke cause Naja is similar to Ninja, haha. I had the same problem reading a Time to die with Chinese Gordon and thinking he was chinese. Nothing to do with Wilburs writing just my silling mind picturing things, haha
When The Lion Feeds, The Sound OF Thunder, A Sparrow Falls, Birds Of Prey, Monsoon, Blue Horizon, The Triumph Of The Sun, The Burning Shore, Power Of The Sword, Rage, Golden Fox, A Time To Die Assegai.

A Falcon Flies, Men Of Men, The Angels Weep, The Leopard Hunts In Darkness

River God, The Seventh Scroll, Warlock, The Quest.

The Dark Of The Sun, Shout At The Devil, Gold Mine, The Diamond Hunters, The Sunbird, Eagle In The Sky, Cry Wolf, Eye Of The Tiger[/b[b]], Hungry As The Sea, Wild Justice, Elephant Song
Bids

Currently Reading: Sound of Thunder .......2nd time round

Re: Just finished Warlock...

Postby delby » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:40 am

Im sure you have all seen at least one of the mummy films and Naja in my mind looks alittle like the guy who played imun tep (not sure if i got that right but the mummy dude anyhow) sort of good looking physically but also scary looking, a little madness behind the eyes or something :?
WILLIE SMITH IS KING
delby
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: The Slave Stealer By Boyd Upchurch

Previous

Return to The Egyptians