Excerpt from "The Quest"

Discussion about Wilbur Smith's Egyptian series.

Excerpt from "The Quest"

Postby Lotus » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:00 am

Very happy to find this (Meren!!!), but it's suprised me somewhat... certainly not what I was expecting...

:shock:

Two lonely figures came down from the high mountains. They were dressed in travel-worn furs and leather helmets with ear-flaps strapped beneath their chins against the cold. Their beards were untrimmed and their faces weatherbeaten. They carried all their meagre possessions upon their backs. It had taken a hard and daunting journey to reach this spot. Although he led, Meren had no inkling where they were, neither was he sure why they had come so far. Only the old man who followed close behind him knew that, and he had not yet chosen to enlighten Meren.

Read the rest here.

Last edit by Matbow. Reason; please remember copyright laws:

Copyright by Wilbur Smith. All rights reserved. No part of this book may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsover without written permission except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical articles or reviews.
Lotus

Postby Chaos » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:30 pm

I hope Meren has more character development this time around, in warlock I though he was abit of a weak character, I hope we get to see more of Nefer!
Chaos

Postby Monsoon » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:41 pm

Chaos wrote:I hope Meren has more character development this time around, in warlock I though he was abit of a weak character, I hope we get to see more of Nefer!

Yes that will be very exciting! :)

Welcome aboard by the way.
While a tiger eyed its prey and an eagle raged in a thunderous sky a river of darkness fell upon a burning sun and the wolf cried tis a time to die, thus did the angels weep as power and triumph in those golden eyes did creep.

Monsoon
Founder Member

Currently Reading: Tower Lord

Return to The Egyptians