so how old is Taita?

Discussion about Wilbur Smith's Egyptian series.

so how old is Taita?

Postby Chaos » Tue May 01, 2007 12:32 pm

During the start of River God?

during the end of RG?

During the start of Warlock?

during the start of the Quest? (my fave book, haters go home :p )

end of the quest?
Chaos

Postby Chaos » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:33 am

I really want to know, cos the witch says in the quest that Taita is 156 years old meaning that he would of had been like what around 80 years old when lostris died in River god? that didnt sound right to me....
Chaos

Postby Nefer » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:21 pm

I would put him at 30-ish at the start of RG, as Tanus is in his twenties, and has been with Taita since boyhood.

Lostris dies at about 50 or so, seeing as how she's late teen when she gives birth to Mem and he comes back to Egypt when he's in his own late teens.

That would make your estimate of Taita being about 80 at the end of RG correct (or at least it tallies with my own guess!)

I would put him about 100+ at the start of Warlock (Nefer is early teens at the start of the book, and Mem in his thirties.)

End of the Quest? If he's 156 at the start, and we see him live through Fenn's life, and she is 20 or so at the end of Quest, 176?

and PS, you can click the 'edit' button at the top right of your post to add more material ;)
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Chaos » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:57 pm

thanks for that :)

I dunno but as beatiful as he makes himself out to be i kinda expect him to be abit younger :p
Chaos

Return to The Egyptians