Booksigning and appearances in N. America

Discussion about Wilbur Smith's Egyptian series.

Booksigning and appearances in N. America

Postby Nefer » Fri May 18, 2007 10:26 pm

I know we have a few American (and fewer Canadian) fans here :)

If you haven't seen this yet, WS will be in Canada and the States, signing books and giving interviews :)

I will be at one signing, and will try and relay my experiences as soon as I may :)

He's also giving 2 television interviews in my fair city, which I will watch, and try my best to transcribe for you all!

Here are the tour details.
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Nefer » Thu May 24, 2007 9:42 pm

So... Funny thing... I didn't record the tv spots as I was watching Lost during one, and I totally missed the other!! 5 minute interviews are over-rated... :( Especially when you miss them!

The one I did watch, with Fanny Kiefer, was sadly very boring. She read his website and asked him questions from his biography. Having read the website she could have at least mentioned this website!

Anyhoo... WS did mention that he likes Vancouver which is always nice, even though everyone loves it here :)

Will be going to the book signing, I'll put those updates up on the weekend. Can't wait to read the book (finally!)
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Rivaan » Thu May 24, 2007 9:49 pm

Wow, lucky!

Yes, you have to let us know how it goes! :D And also post up any pics if you take any. Either of him, or if the book with the signature, lol.
The four points of the compass be logic, knowledge, wisdom, and the unknown.
Some do bow in that final direction. Others advance upon it. To bow before the one
is to lose sight of the three. I may submit to the unknown, but never to the unknowable.
The man who bows in that final direction is either a saint or a fool. I have no use for either.
- Yama, Lord of Light
Rivaan

Postby Nefer » Wed May 30, 2007 9:02 am

Reminder to the US fans - WS has 2 dates in NY City for book signing!
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Return to The Egyptians