the quest reads like lord of the rings

Discussion about Wilbur Smith's Egyptian series.

the quest reads like lord of the rings

Postby brianleon » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:24 pm

what has happened am i wrong here or has mr smith run out of ideas
i read like the wind can sit still like a stone and turn a page without making a sound BUT i am struggling to get into the quest good members.
one third into the book and it reads like lord of the rings with volcanoes and occult amd lobsang rampa and his third eye(know where that realy is you are sitting on it good merrin)
i have read all his books but i think it is time to close this one down and call it a day.
there is no movie playing in my head when i struggle thru this silly story opinions are like third eyes (everyone has one)
i must find a new author
brianleon

Postby Nefer » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:38 pm

:lol:

Oh dear, sounds like a disillusioned fan to me!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you can't read this book with too many expectations. It really needs to be read as a book... Not as the great next Wilbur, but merely as an enjoyable book.

Maybe his next will go back to swash buckling Africa?

Oh, and before I forget, browse around, we have a whole forum dedicated to other authors we adore :) And the rest of the place discusses the other novels, drop in there too :)
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Return to The Egyptians