SPICE GIRLS!

SPICE GIRLS!

Postby Nefer » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:36 am

I was at the show on Sunday, and I just have to say, if you don't have tix yet, GET THEM!!! Spiceys were super good! My throat really hurts today, dunno how I'll be teaching :lol:

Is anyone planning on going/have tix?
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Re: SPICE GIRLS!

Postby Rivaan » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:08 pm

I think the silence speaks for itself.. 8) Lol.

Gotta admit. Back in the day, when they were at the peak of their hype, I was a bit of a fan of them (care to guess why that was? :lol:). I don't really go for reunion bands unless I was a huge fan to start off with.

Did they play all their classic songs at the show? (probably a very stupid question, that one).

Also, do you have a favourite song of theirs?
The four points of the compass be logic, knowledge, wisdom, and the unknown.
Some do bow in that final direction. Others advance upon it. To bow before the one
is to lose sight of the three. I may submit to the unknown, but never to the unknowable.
The man who bows in that final direction is either a saint or a fool. I have no use for either.
- Yama, Lord of Light
Rivaan

Postby Nefer » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:59 pm

:lol:

Everyone on this forum needs to refind their inner Spice!

Yep, they played Spice Up Your Life twice - they really don't have enough hits to make a 90 minute gig. Wannabe is my fav - did you have one?
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Rivaan » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:35 am

Can't remember too many of their songs, but my favourite was probably Wannabe.

Kind of strange that they didn have enough hits for 90 mins.. considering how huge they were, back in the 90s. :lol:
The four points of the compass be logic, knowledge, wisdom, and the unknown.
Some do bow in that final direction. Others advance upon it. To bow before the one
is to lose sight of the three. I may submit to the unknown, but never to the unknowable.
The man who bows in that final direction is either a saint or a fool. I have no use for either.
- Yama, Lord of Light
Rivaan

Postby Nefer » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:37 pm

Yeah, I thought that was strange too. It was billed as a 2hr show, which hardly lasted that long.

Anyway, was fun for me and the little sister. We never got to see them back in the day, so seeing as how it was our 1st time we were pleased at the madness!

I've been wearing my Spice Girls merch to school on the days I teach physical education, I love the reaction I get from the kids :lol: Quite a few of them wanted to go and a few actually had better seats than me :shock: :lol: So in all a great bonding mo'!
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Return to Music