Hard-Fi

Hard-Fi

Postby Nefer » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:38 pm

The DJ's at the rock radio are really into Hard-Fi... the single we have here is Cash Machine.

They're British, so I wanted to ask if they're any good? What do ppl in UK think of them?

The music's not bad... but I'm not deeply into them, just yet neway.
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Monsoon » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:53 am

I heard their first big single as it was just starting out on the publicity trail and really liked it.
They've become quite big in a short space of time, but i'll reserve my own personal judgement on just how good they are until i have heard more of their stuff.
While a tiger eyed its prey and an eagle raged in a thunderous sky a river of darkness fell upon a burning sun and the wolf cried tis a time to die, thus did the angels weep as power and triumph in those golden eyes did creep.

Monsoon
Founder Member

Currently Reading: Tower Lord

Postby Matbow » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:57 pm

Matbow wrote:I much prefer "Hard-Fi" and "Razorlight" at the moment :)

Nuff said.
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Nefer » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:17 pm

More music to acquire! Thanks guys :)
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Matbow » Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:28 pm

Have you guys heard "no tomorrow" by orson?

FYI, the single auto plays here on there site:

http://www.orsonband.com/orsonband.htm

(its the better one of the two that play)

I'm really liking it, but wondering about their longevity - they're being hailed as one for the future, but the genre of (official quote) “two-guitar power-pop” is often one of one hit wonders.

They're a US band, but are signed to a UK label and seem to be doing the UK thing first (like the scissor sisters), are they known in the US yet or am I just totally wrong with that?
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Nefer » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:45 pm

Nope, have not heard the buzz... although that doesn't really mean anything as I hardly listen to the radio these days...

They sound okay... not sure if they will catch on, though. Their music is too mellow for radio, but the single 'no tomorrow' may be a good summer tune. Who knows. Its the teeny boppers who control these things, sadly.

FYI, I tried listening Hard-Fi & Razorlight. Didn't tickle my fancy. Razorlight had a few tunes I liked, but not enough to make me jump & want to buy the cd.

I will still plug for Steadman as being the best thing to come out of the UK! (Yes, better than Coldplay even!) It helps that I don't have to buy their cd's, hehe!
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby giz » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:11 am

try Franz Ferdinand or Kaiser Chiefs, if they havent travelled across the pond yet and you already have
giz
Member+
Member+

Postby Nefer » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:22 am

I have greatly regreted not buying the FF cd's & not going to the shows... Lack of money again!

Kaiser Cheif's have a good single out here, but I haven't listened to the cd yet, maybe I will now!
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby John R » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:41 pm

I'm not too fussed about F.F - they have the odd good song, but i borrowed their 1st album and didn't enjoy it. K.Cheifs on the other hand i do like. They have a lot of good songs, the album is easy listening. I also like the Killers.
John R
Founder Member

Currently Reading: A Time To Die

Postby Nefer » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:38 pm

KC are easy listening?!

Maybe they're worth my $13.99 + 14% tax!

I LOVE The Killers, bought the cd w/out giving it a listen, on the recommendation of the HMV dude. Good good cd... in fact so good, my little sister kidnapped it a week after I got it!
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby John R » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:44 am

Agreed on the Killers, Hot Fuss is superb but i deff think K.C are easy listening. If they're not I'd hate to hear something deep.

What about Stereophonics? One of my favourite bands, and their Welsh, which helps!
John R
Founder Member

Currently Reading: A Time To Die

Return to Music