American Idol

American Idol

Postby Matbow » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:53 pm

I know there's at least one person here (besides me) who's watching it.

My faves are:

Taylor Hicks
- sings soul/country (ish) Unique voice, slightly wierd! Lives for the music, writes some good songs.

Kellie Pickler - Country girl. Seems really nice and completely down to earth. Not gonna win tho.

Chris Daughtry
- The best voice in the contest, should win by a mile. Chad Kroeger esk voice.

Anyone else hooked!? Own up!
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Nefer » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:01 pm

CHRIS! CHRIS! CHRIS! CHRIS! CHRIS! CHRIS! CHRIS! CHRIS!

I love him, hope he wins! But I haff no time to watch.

Sadly, this may be the first and only time I regret not being able to watch. Will mos. def. buy his cd - he's on a fast track to a record deal, even if he don't win.

CHRIS! CHRIS! CHRIS! CHRIS! CHRIS! CHRIS! CHRIS! CHRIS!
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby John R » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:56 pm

Strange looking people. As for the programme, unfortunately I've never seen it.
John R
Founder Member

Currently Reading: A Time To Die

Postby Nefer » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:59 pm

"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Matbow » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:12 pm

Kellie Pickler strange looking? She's gorgeous! (But i'll give you the other two)
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby John R » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:35 pm

Thanks for the link Neferk, but i don't think it's my cup of tea. As for the blonde bird mat, yeah she is quite tasty actually. I was talking about the 2 guys more than i was her. I wouldn't say no. :wink:
John R
Founder Member

Postby Nefer » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:25 pm

Each to his own, John :)

And you two should know better than to judge musical talent on looks alone! wags finger
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Matbow » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:16 pm

Says she with the Orlanda avatar! But it's a good point...talent is more than just looks, but it helps (no matter what you do). Being attractive often means a person is more confident - more confident people usually go further than those who aren't.

Back in 2003 (??) the UK Pop Idol was won by a girl called Michelle Mcmanus - she had an OK voice and she was quite ordinary, plain and fat (a normal person). She had one hit and was never heard of since (except for on celebrity fat camp). I remember seeing a show about reality stars and one of the "experts" put forward an interesting theory. He said that the UK people voted for her to win because they thought people should buy her records...she flopped because the voters didnt see themselves as these "people".

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby John R » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:34 pm

I remember her! She was distinctly average! How she won I'll never know.

Brilliant stuff! :D
John R
Founder Member

Postby Nefer » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:34 pm

Matbow wrote:Says she with the Orlanda avatar!

Dude, it's Orlando :roll: :razz:
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby John R » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:22 pm

lol
John R
Founder Member

Re: American Idol

Postby johnrogers » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:24 pm

My guess is that American Idol has run the gambit and this will be the last season.Watched it with great vigor when it began,was quite unique and entertaining.Lets be honest with Simon and Paula gone the show has gone downhill and they were the chemistry that made it so good .Pretty sure it will not be to far in to the future the show will be gone
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Return to Music