Music we're embarrassed to admit we like...

Postby Chaos » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:52 am

Rivaan wrote:I'm not embarrassed to admit I like Michael Jackson's music. Always been a big fan of his, from back when I was young. Went to a concert once too! Dangerous, I think it was in Leeds.

Even his Invincible album didn't seem that bad to me. Not as good as his earlier work, but not bad either. Not like everyone else was making it out to be.

Dangerous overall is probably one of Michaels best work, Invincible imo wasnt his best work overall but damn it had some songs which could of had easily been hits like Whatever happens, too bad sony wanted to screw him over with that album, didnt get no where near the kind of support in terms of promo that his other albums got but despite that it did have strong sales, underated in my opinion.
The man to me is a real artist no one makes music like him and his dancing is just another amazing talent of his, Fred Astaire was notoriuos (sp) for not giving fellow dancers compliment yet he phoned MJ up to tell him that he was the greatest mover he's ever seen! dont get it wrong, MJ is not just another pop star who sings and dances his abilitys are legendary!!! the sad thing is that we will never see MJ's full potential as a dancer, easily the best Natural dancer I'v ever seen I look forward to what he does next!
Chaos

Postby John R » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:53 am

I've always been a fan of Michael Jackson, Bad was the 1st ever LP i remember having!
John R
Founder Member

Currently Reading: A Time To Die

Postby Chaos » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:19 pm

The Bad Album is my fave, Man in the mirror is a great example of how emotive he can be through his voice, Smooth Criminal was just unique with its composition, I wish they release the Bad Tour on dvd one day, his collaboration with Will.I.Am is one I look forward too, despite whats happend (no need to bring it up really we all know what has taken place) I think that if anyone can make a comeback it will be him!
His Jackson 5 days were just gold too, the way he sang songs back when he was 11 was just WOW!!! :p
Chaos

Postby delby » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:12 pm

Yeah used to really dig micheal jackson too but some of his newer stuff got on my nerves and i went right off him

I always loved leave me alone and the vid was minter as my younger brother would say
WILLIE SMITH IS KING
delby
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: The Slave Stealer By Boyd Upchurch

Postby John R » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:25 pm

ah yes! the leave me alone video! What a song that is
John R
Founder Member

Postby Chaos » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:09 pm

Freddie Mercury is another one of my favourate singers, If I had to choose my top 3 vocalists of all time I would have to go with Freddie, MJ and Stevie Wonder!

Freddie died a little too young, he had alot more to offer, especially considering he was reaching his prime with the Vocals too!

Smokey Robinson is another who I like, I think his song writing skills are just great
definently check out this guys work "Tracks of my tears" is a pure winner ^_^
Chaos

Postby Chaos » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:14 pm

I think my fave MJ vid would have to be overall Black or White, the panther dance sequence really showed how much of a great tap dancer he is when you watch him move, you can see the emotion and passion he putting into his whole routine..

I think most of my music collection (which is kinda small :p ) is mainly Motown.. and the only song that I'm embarrassed about is MC Hammer's Cant touch this -_-
Chaos

Postby Rivaan » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:21 pm

Chaos wrote:the only song that I'm embarrassed about is MC Hammer's Cant touch this -_-

You should NOT be embarrassed about this, so stop.. Hammertime! :lol:

My fave Michael Jackson video would have to be.. well there are so many! Okay, I have more than one and they are Thriller, Smooth Criminal, Black or White, and Leave Me Alone. There are probably more, but I only remember those 4 at the moment.
Rivaan

Postby John R » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:06 pm

Beat it is a good video, the dance moves he pulls of there are amazing. MJ can dance like no one else!
John R
Founder Member

Postby Nefer » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:27 pm

You should all be really embarrassed right now :lol:
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby delby » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:05 am

Yeah to the Chaos given our freddie some love

I adore queen and freddie solo Barcelona gives me tingles

my Faves are akind of magic the whole album rocks !!!
and dont stop me now cos you just have to sing along
WILLIE SMITH IS KING
delby
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: The Slave Stealer By Boyd Upchurch

Postby Penitent » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:11 pm

I know many of you have been waiting and hoping for this for a loooong time.
The SPICE GIRLS are back!!! :D When you think there is no hope anymore something happens that makes life worth living again…
The Penitent
Penitent
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Nefer » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:55 pm

Oh God, I know exactly what you mean, Pen! I've been soo excited by this great news!!!:roll: :lol:

All sarcasm aside, I do have one of their cd's... wasn't horrible.
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Rivaan » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:28 am

Now who should be embarrassed? :razz: :lol:
Rivaan

Postby Chaos » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:53 am

LOL! The beat it video was great, he does pull off some amazing steps in the Ghosts short film though, we even get to see an obese Michael dancing too :p

I recently brought a Queens greatest hits album :p cant wait for it to arrive
although my top 5 fave songs would have to be:
Dont stop me now
Another one bites the dust (MJ convinced the band to get this one released)
somebody to love
I was born to love you
Bohemian Rhapsody
the 2 deaths that annoy me most are Bruce Lee's and Freddie's they had alot more to do yet :( although theres one song that makes me feel abit queezy...:
I want to break free -> I cant help but think of that awful video :'(

anyone here like prince? I think he's made some cool songs but alot of them just seem to be fillers imo althoguh he is a great musician
Chaos

Postby Penitent » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:18 pm

In my opinion, Prince is a fantastic musician and song writer. He was launched and marketed as an “evil” Michael Jackson in the 80s but he quickly developed his own sound and stile. Even today, almost 30 years later he is doing excellent music. If you ever have the chance go see him live, totally worth it!
The Penitent
Penitent
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Rivaan » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:36 pm

Music I'm embarrassed to admit I like? Rihanna's Umbrella :oops: She has a good voice and I liked the actual music too.
Rivaan

Postby John R » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:42 am

Now you're talking!! Rhianna is fit! She can get under my umbrella anyday! love that song
John R
Founder Member

Postby i_heart_nefie » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:56 pm

that song is so annoying but so flippin catchy dammit
"I would very much like to come hunting with you please...." - Little Mem
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Location: On board the 'Sprite' with the Courtneys, or QLD, AUS
Currently Reading: The Sunbird

Postby Chaos » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:40 am

if anyones interested, I could allways upload this song Freddie Mercury and MJ done, ever heard of the song "State of shock"? with Mick Jagger and MJ? I Have the Mercury version of it, although its just a demo its pretty good would of had been interesting to see how it would of had turned out had they finnished it.
Chaos

PreviousNext

Return to Music