New Music We Must All Listen To!

Postby Nefer » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:32 pm

Silverchair are really good, love this song! Kinda like slightly rocked up Coldplay :mrgreen:

Also have to give a shout out for Lucia Micarelli. Give her a listen and you will be smitten :)
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Matbow » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:39 pm

Did anyone ever make a post here about Leona Lewis, the winner of X Factor 2006 (UK version of American Idol)? I'm not a fan of this show, but for the first time I think the show has found a credible artist...

Performance of "I will always love you" on the X Factor (gives me goosebumps!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbuvLJnAysM

and, the reason why I'm posting is that her first "original" song has just been released:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW4r-BLKHMU

I reckon it could be a grower...
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby i_heart_nefie » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:03 pm

I am loving the Hairspray movie soundtrack at the moment!
"I would very much like to come hunting with you please...." - Little Mem
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Location: On board the 'Sprite' with the Courtneys, or QLD, AUS
Currently Reading: The Sunbird

Re: New Music We Must All Listen To!

Postby Matbow » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:30 pm

Does anyone else think this song could do well in Western charts?

“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Nefer » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:51 pm

:shock:

Someone has clearly spent too much time in India... Not saying who though.

I could only listen to a minute of it, too OTT for moi. Dunno chart wise, there are a lot of Indian people in the UK and a moderate amount everywhere else.
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Rivaan » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:23 pm

Lol! Hmm.. It would certainly be interesting if that song did do well in the Western charts, but I'm not entirely sure if it would.

Besides, for those with Sky that wanna watch Indian songs, there are two channels dedicated to them! :lol: Those channels being B4U Music and Zee Music (in the ch.780 region).

I don't tend to listen to a lot of Indian music myself.. not really to my tastes.
The four points of the compass be logic, knowledge, wisdom, and the unknown.
Some do bow in that final direction. Others advance upon it. To bow before the one
is to lose sight of the three. I may submit to the unknown, but never to the unknowable.
The man who bows in that final direction is either a saint or a fool. I have no use for either.
- Yama, Lord of Light
Rivaan

Postby Matbow » Tue May 13, 2008 3:39 pm

I just wanted to make another addition to this thread...it's a track which I've posted somewhere else, but I saw this live version on TV over the weekend and it's great to hear a "pop rock" band that are actually good live - I actually think it's better than the "recorded" version.

The synchronised head-banging at 1:25 really amused me too!

Paramore, Misery Business

For those people in the UK, the full set is available on the BBC's Iplayer.

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re:

Postby Etaeb » Fri May 16, 2008 12:36 am

Rivaan wrote:Fave band? I like HIM :D

Up and coming bands? They aren't too big yet although This Black Velvetine do have a record deal. These guys are my cousin's friends, although their music may not be.. appropriate :? So listen with caution. The song that plays on their site is called Cocaine. For a small band though, that I could meet if I wanted to, I think they are quite good.

http://www.tbvrocks.com/index.cfm

I love HIM too! What's your fav song? I'm partial to their version of 'Wicked Game', and I like 'Wings of a Butterfly'. I have 3 of their albums, one includes a dvd - pretty awesome.

Some cool bands to check out would be some of our local South African guys, namely Prime Circle and The Parlotones. Google 'em and let me know what you guys think. 8)
Etaeb

Currently Reading: River God

Postby delby » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:11 am

well im always lovin the used and mcr but even more so lately i just love guitars !!!!!!!!

also ive just been put on to paramore by a friend and they rock too xx
WILLIE SMITH IS KING
delby
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: The Slave Stealer By Boyd Upchurch

Previous

Return to Music