New Music We Must All Listen To!

Postby Bee » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:00 am

I know what you mean. I'm seriously into Justin Timberlake and his song Sexyback. It's the most catchiest song I've heard in a while. It's weird how sometimes you really like a song even though it's out of your normal listening sphere. :)
Bee
Founder Member

Postby i_heart_nefie » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:23 am

oh yeah, right at this second i am listening to promiscuous girl...what the!! lol i guess it's a change after playing geek in the pink then wordplay then geek in the pink again....
"I would very much like to come hunting with you please...." - Little Mem
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Location: On board the 'Sprite' with the Courtneys, or QLD, AUS
Currently Reading: The Sunbird

Postby Nefer » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:34 pm

LoL, well, you never really need a change from Mraz!!

I've been re-discovering my love for Robbie Williams... Rudebox cracks me up, its so funny!!!! :lol:

Also been listening a lot to Incubus - Ana Molly is awesome!
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Yakumo » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:24 pm

All Angels

Nice Harmonics

Ideal for this time of year.
Yakumo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby i_heart_nefie » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:00 pm

new song i love by The Icicles called 'sugar sweet'. It's on an ad for a motorola phone I don't know if anyone has seen it but the song rocks!

I've been re-discovering my love for Robbie Williams... Rudebox cracks me up, its so funny!!!!

OMG Nefer, how funny is it!? I love it too, my mum is a diehard fan and just went to see him for his Brisbane show and she said he was awesome
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Postby Nefer » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:13 pm

Wow, you have a Mum who'se into a former boy-bander?! Life cannot get any sweeter! I have all his albums, but never been to a show. Am super jealous of your Mum!!

Glad to see he's still doing well :)
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby i_heart_nefie » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:26 pm

lol former boy-bander?? She is still loving Take That lol, but secretly of course because if Robbie found out she liked them..hehe
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Postby Matbow » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:37 pm

Have any of you guys heard of Mika? He's a new-ish male singer/songwriter/musician over here that is tipped to be "the next big thing", most notably by the BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6230415.stm

Flamboyant pop singer-songwriter Mika has been named the best new talent in the BBC's Sound of 2007 music poll. The Beirut-born, London-based 23-year-old has been compared to the Scissor Sisters and Freddie Mercury.
More than 130 UK-based music critics and broadcasters took part in the poll by naming their favourite new acts.

His first track is a bit strange but it's growing on me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FykbQ81oOfQ
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Nefer » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:48 pm

I get the Freddie link :D I always liked Queen (especially Bohemian Rhapsody).

I think I could listen to his cd... :)
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Matbow » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:00 pm

Nefer wrote:I get the Freddie link

Definitely, I'm looking forward to hearing more - I think his album is out in Feb.
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Nefer » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 pm

yay, just in time for collective birthdaze!!! Hehe, guess what's on my list :mrgreen:
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Matbow » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:12 pm

I have to admit, I'm loving fall out boy - "This aint a scene..." at the moment too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FcBnaLjxY4

Although I have to add, the editing out of "God damned" lyrics on MTV etc...is really pathetic IMO. Good old Radio 1 doesn't bother tho :)

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby i_heart_nefie » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:26 am

I got The Fray's (my fave band right now) album the other day from my friend and the songs are so great. It's really worth buying, same with Snow Patrol's latest album!
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Postby Nefer » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:53 pm

Matt thanks a bunch for recommending The Kooks - they've finally made it Canada - I heard them on the radio today & was super excited!!!
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Matbow » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:18 pm

Nefer wrote:Matt thanks a bunch for recommending The Kooks - they've finally made it Canada - I heard them on the radio today & was super excited!!!

You're welcome! Also, I'm not sure if anyone realised that Mika (mentioned a few posts back)is actually now number one on the charts over here (purely on downloads)! Plus, my favourite track from the embarrassing music thread (Jojo - too little too late) is at number 4!

Btw, if anyone's a fan of Jojo, I've managed to find a live acoustic version of her performing "Leave Get out", it's not great quality but it shows she's a great singer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKRD_8ysPDk

It's taken from Radio One's "Live Lounge" - I actually heard this performance on the radio at the time and it completely amazed me that she could sing!

M

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Nefer » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:56 pm

3 songs into Mika's cd and yes, he really is up to the hype! Get his cd you will not regret it!!
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Matbow » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:01 pm

I have another recommendation for anyone that's interested - Bloc Party, particularly their new single "The Prayer":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8oRFcA0mFM

It's probably not to everyone's tastes but it is a very different track, it starts with quite a "dancy" bass line and evolves into a more indie sound. I didn't like it to start off with but I do now - definitely a "grower".

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby J » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:42 am

Bangkok and the Fire Garden Suite by Steve Vai
anything by Iron Maiden, but for the Egytian enthusiasts check out Powerslave or Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (albums), noteably The Evil That Men Do.
The good that men do is oft interred with their bones
but the evil that men do lives on
J

Postby Matbow » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:59 pm

For all those Mika fans out there (so probably just Nefer), he did a "Live Lounge" performance today of "Grace Kelly" and a cover of "The Views" Same Jeans.

Listen again here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/jowhiley/

ETA: Forgot to say - it's about 2hs 13mins in.

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Nefer » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:50 pm

Thanks! He sounds fabulous :mrgreen: I can't wait to see him live!
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

PreviousNext

Return to Music