New Music We Must All Listen To!

Postby i_heart_nefie » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:04 am

I love Snow Patrol's 'Open your eyes' thats a good song, and I heard Paris Hilton's song...............I didnt know it was possible for me to not want to watch VH1, but it happened guys, it happened.
"I would very much like to come hunting with you please...." - Little Mem
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Location: On board the 'Sprite' with the Courtneys, or QLD, AUS
Currently Reading: The Sunbird

Postby Matbow » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:02 pm

So...I was sitting on my sofa and all of a sudden a really cool song came on MTV...Voodoo Child by Rogue Traders. It's a dance track with a female vocalist, not the cheesy "gay disco" type, but a pretty cool tune (IMHO!). So I stopped what I was doing to catch the name of the artist and track, and all of a sudden something hit me:

"That female singers got a cool voice...shes fit!...she looks like Izzy from Neighbours...She sounds like Izzy from Neighbours...She is Izzy from Neighbours!!"

If you don't have a clue what Neighbours is then I guess this post will make no sense, but I'm so suprised that an (ex?) Neighbours actress has actually made a credible record!

I hear its been pretty popular in Aus already? What do you Aussies think?

For anyone interested:

http://www.roguetraders.com.au/audioVideo/home.do
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby i_heart_nefie » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:29 am

Rogue Traders are really good! Is Voodoo Child the first RT song you have gotten over there? Coz the newest one is called 'We're coming home" and it's really good! Natalie Bassingthwaighte is a really good rock singer and yeah she's still on Neighbours... And by the way, there have been other good soapie star-turn singers! Like Delta Goodrem and Natalie Imbruglia and I guess I can throw a mention to Kylie Minogue.....
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Postby Nefer » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:59 pm

Newest news:

Matt Kearney, out of Nashville, no less! And no, he's not a little bit country :mrgreen:

Live he sounds a wee bit like Chris Martin, something that Matbow picked up on before I did! His live show was impressive, and I just might purchase his cd :) His sound is kinda John Mayer-ish,but more mature and more rock.

Be the first on your block to discover him :)
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby John R » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:08 am

Just heard a great song by the lead singer of the Manic Street Preachers, (Currently going solo) Mr. James Dean Bradfield, called ''Thats no way to tell a lie'' superb
John R
Founder Member

Currently Reading: A Time To Die

Postby Matbow » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:52 pm

i_heart_nefie wrote:Rogue Traders are really good! Is Voodoo Child the first RT song you have gotten over there?... And by the way, there have been other good soapie star-turn singers! Like Delta Goodrem and Natalie Imbruglia and I guess I can throw a mention to Kylie Minogue.....

Belated response...sorry! Yeah that is the first RT song we've had - it actually charted at no3 on sunday - not bad. Had a listen to a few of their tracks on the net and wasn't overly impressed TBH...maybe they're "growers"? And yep, you're right that there have been quite a few good ex soap star singers...but a lot of crap too!
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby i_heart_nefie » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:34 am

haha oh yeah there have been too many bad soapie singers..

Does anyone like Teddy Geiger??
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Postby Matbow » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:32 pm

Going thro a dance music phase at the moment as I need "motivating music" whilst I'm at the gym. Favourite at the mo is "The Egg vs David Guette" - Don't let me go. It samples the music from the dancing Citroen dancing car advert if anyone knows what I mean!

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby i_heart_nefie » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:30 pm

ah!! I love that ad! hehe I think I'll get that song!
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Postby Matt » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:37 pm

If anyone out there likes the Avril Lavigne style of music then check out Matt Willis (previously one third of busted). His songs are actually quite good! Myspace profile with samples here:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... D=67894088
Matt
aka Matbow

Postby i_heart_nefie » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:07 pm

has anyone heard 'I wish I was a punk rocker" by Sandi Thom??

it is the best song! check it out if you havent already: http://www.myspace.com/sandithom
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Postby Matbow » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:19 am

On this very thread in May, Matbow wrote:Dunno if anyone else has heard of her but there's a new girl on the block over here called Sandi Thom:

It was during the cold, short days at the start of 2006 that Sandi Thom had her Eureka! moment. Instead of driving to gigs up and down the country with her band in her clapped-out car, as she had done for years, the singer from Scotland resolved to try a different approach. She bought a webcam, and announced a run of 21 shows to be performed on consecutive nights during February and March in the basement of her flat in Tooting, South London...the half-hour shows were to be broadcast, free of charge, via her website....The first night, 70 people tuned in to watch, the next night it went up to 670. And by the middle of the second week she was performing to a peak audience of 162,000.

Pretty cool. Not sure if I'm going to be a massive fan, but I really do like "I wish I was a punk rocker"

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Nefer » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:27 am

She was on the news here a while back... feels like deja vu :D
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Bee » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:38 pm

I would recommend taking a listen to a new group called Lotus Child. I heard them on campus this afternoon and they weren't that bad.
Bee
Founder Member

Postby i_heart_nefie » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:26 am

Has anyone heard of The Fray? Good band, I like Over My Head.
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Postby i_heart_nefie » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:01 am

hey this isnt exactly new music but nefer's little tag thing that says 'geek in the pink' made me download it and now it is my fave song!! thanks! and i was also reintroduced to other songs i didnt know were jason mraz like wordplay and the remedy hehe
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Postby Nefer » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:53 am

OMG another Mraz fan!

Yay!! He was just Down Under... did you get to see a show? He's even better in the flesh :mrgreen:

Its kewl how we have so many things in common :)
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby i_heart_nefie » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:21 pm

really? oh i didn't even know! that would have been a good show, so you have seen him live? lol we do have things in common
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Postby Bee » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:53 am

Don't get nefer started on Mraz... hehehe... actually I got some friends on the weekend to listen to him. They liked him as well.
Bee
Founder Member

Postby i_heart_nefie » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:39 pm

lol, i can tell she is a big fan. I am really surprised with the music i am listening to at the moment, because it s the stuff i normally hate eg pussycat dolls and justin timberlake....why!? Just coz its cathcy doesnt make it good, but i am liking this new song called Everyone's gone to war
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

PreviousNext

Return to Music