DELTA DECISION

Want to talk about any other Wilbur books?

DELTA DECISION

Postby BOBBYP » Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:11 pm

I just finished the Delta Decision and noted that it is not listed as a book on Wilbur Smith's website. Any reason for the omission???

I now have all of his books lined up waiting to be read. I never go anywhere without one at my side.

Bob
BOBBYP

Postby Matbow » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:18 pm

Delta Decision is the name Wild Justice was given when published in the USA. See:

http://www.wilbursmithbooks.com/faq/index.html

Did you like the book? It's actually one of the only WS books I haven't read yet...

Matt
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby WSI » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:42 pm

and in German it's Entscheidung Delta (decision delta)
WSI
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Nichiren » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:43 pm

i loved the implications of corruption beyond repair portrayed in this book. divine
Nichiren

Postby John R » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:05 am

Have not read this book yet so can't comment, how would you rate it, out of 10? Does anyone think it's up there with some of his best?
John R
Founder Member

Currently Reading: A Time To Die

Postby audacter » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:52 am

John R wrote:Have not read this book yet so can't comment, how would you rate it, out of 10? Does anyone think it's up there with some of his best?

On a Wilbur scale I put it a 5-6, still a good book. But it is more modern day then any other WS books I have read so I was a bit put off. I don't know what else to say other then it was my first standalone WS and I wasn't blown away, since then I read Elephant Song and liked that much better for a standalone. But if you like James Bond which I do I couldn't help seeing some similarities.
audacter

Postby Nichiren » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:37 pm

It's been a while since i read it so perhaps my memory just needs to be jogged but i was very impressed. its not a particularly heroic novel but i think wilbur strayed from his normal line to impress the significance of his point. in my very unworthy opinion at least an 8/10 but perhaps i am just twisted
Nichiren

The Delta Decision/Wild Justice

Postby Son of the Silver Fox » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:45 pm

This one was a bit of a disapointment, sort of Ludlum lite, but I still liked it better than some of the similar stuff that Tom Clancy has written. It starts off kinda "Raid On Entebbee" and then gets "Rainbow Six".
"Ignorance doesn't suck for the ignorant they just don't know any better."
Son of the Silver Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: All Things Must Figh

Return to Standalone Wilbur Smith books