VICIOUS CIRCLE

Want to talk about any other Wilbur books?

VICIOUS CIRCLE

Postby tedd » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:47 am

This book has just hit the shops in Perth Western Australia - for sale at AU$20 (the Recommended Retail Price is $39.99) so that's a significant discount for a new book. Will pick up one before the weekend and get my head into it.
tedd
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: VICIOUS CIRCLE

Postby E-Hoog » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:18 pm

Oh dear... I fear the worst. But let's hope it is better than Those in Peril
E-Hoog
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: D-Day - Stephen Ambrose / Rage - Wilbur Smith

Postby jeffw » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:54 am

tedd wrote:This book has just hit the shops in Perth Western Australia - for sale at AU$20 (the Recommended Retail Price is $39.99) so that's a significant discount for a new book. Will pick up one before the weekend and get my head into it.

Hi Ted - remember you asking about Empress Gold being printed? Will be out in peperback around the end of this month (October). How're things 'down-under'? Getting warmer now? Have long time, ex Rhodesian friends living in Perth, they miss home but are happy there.
Take care, :)
jeffw

Postby tedd » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:54 am

That's great Jeff - have Sons of Af on order - expect delivery next week - will get Empress Gold too when available - am much happier with hard copies than kindle.
Yes I think half of Rhodesia now lives in Perth - the accent is everywhere, lots of ex-BSAP and a large branch of the BSAP Association is here. they are good Aussie citizens now!! and we need more of them
tedd
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby E-Hoog » Wed May 21, 2014 2:04 am

<I moved this post to the larger topic on Vicious Circle in the general discussion section>
E-Hoog
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby billyboy » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:50 am

I have been a Wilbur Smith fan for many years and have read just about all of his books. 'Vicious Circle' is absolute rubbish and if this is the best he can do it is time he gave up. The plot is too simplistic, the name dropping of 'expensive venues' is overdone and unnecessary, the Tippoo Tip section is just padding and the Carl Bannock 'life story' read like some amateurs first attempt at writing a horror story. Sorry, but I think I have read my last Wilbur Smith novel. W.Douglas.
billyboy

Postby E-Hoog » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:17 am

According to some members here the new book Desert God is much better, so don't give up yet :)
E-Hoog
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Return to Standalone Wilbur Smith books