Wild Justice

Want to talk about any other Wilbur books?

Wild Justice

Postby daveshow » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:05 am

Did WS actually write this book because not only is it quite confusing to read for the first few times but there are many factual errors in it mostly relating to firearms for example. He says the browning hi browing is in .45 caliber and holds 14 rounds when it is actually 9mm and now in .40 never heard of a .45 high power before. He also mentions that stride uses a walther P.38 and makes is appear like a single action weapon. later on in the book stride uses another gun(the ficticious cobra i think) it is described as a double action weapon although he calls it single action. And finally he calls a sterling SMG a stirling.

Did anyone else notice these?
daveshow

Postby Penitent » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:33 pm

He sure did. One of the early stand-alone novels. Usually when errors are found these are corrected in newer reprints, for example characters driving a model of car that will not be released for another ten years. I bought a copy of this one a couple of years ago, I will check and see if the mistakes are still there.
The Penitent
Penitent
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby daveshow » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:44 pm

They probally with be mate I bought my copy 2 weeks ago. The reason i thought this was it said something about the credit for this book goes to wilbur smith alone so i wondered if he collaborated or something.
daveshow

Return to Standalone Wilbur Smith books