Favourite TV show?

Postby Bee » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:07 pm

I got season 2 on dvd and am making my way through it. Even though I've seen the episodes on TV. It's a really great show!!!
Bee
Founder Member

Postby Rivaan » Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:45 am

Anybody here watch Less Than Perfect? I love that show :D

For those with Sky or NTL (UK satellite/cable companies), it comes on ABC1 (Sky Channel 185. Dunno about NTL channel).

I love all the characters in that show! Like Owen, Will Butler, and Jeb. Sara(h) Rue also plays a more mature character in it, as opposed to the usual teenagers she's played for so long.
The four points of the compass be logic, knowledge, wisdom, and the unknown.
Some do bow in that final direction. Others advance upon it. To bow before the one
is to lose sight of the three. I may submit to the unknown, but never to the unknowable.
The man who bows in that final direction is either a saint or a fool. I have no use for either.
- Yama, Lord of Light
Rivaan

Postby i_heart_nefie » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:08 am

I actually watched that today! I haven't really watched it before, but it was ok. It was funny and I enjoyed it, but I can't remember any of their names..lol

I am dying waiting for the new seasons of Lost and Prison Break!!!!! Has anyone seen the new seasons?? Tell me they are good!
"I would very much like to come hunting with you please...." - Little Mem
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Location: On board the 'Sprite' with the Courtneys, or QLD, AUS
Currently Reading: The Sunbird

Postby Bee » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:34 pm

Waiting for the 2nd half of Lost Season 3 to start.... it's taking forever!
Bee
Founder Member

Postby Monsoon » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:54 pm

Ha Ha i am finally up to date with you lot on lost so i aint afraid of no spoilers!
While a tiger eyed its prey and an eagle raged in a thunderous sky a river of darkness fell upon a burning sun and the wolf cried tis a time to die, thus did the angels weep as power and triumph in those golden eyes did creep.

Monsoon
Founder Member

Currently Reading: Tower Lord

Postby Matbow » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:12 pm

Monsoon wrote:Ha Ha i am finally up to date with you lot on lost so i aint afraid of no spoilers!

Ditto.

I here "The OC" has been cancelled :(
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby i_heart_nefie » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:15 pm

I here "The OC" has been cancelled

You know my life has ended, don't you?!?! Why..... :cry: :cry: :cry:

It was just getting good again....and I am very afraid of spoilers of any kind!!! I want Lost and Prison Break back now!! I realise I am angry.. but they are my favourites!
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Postby Son of the Silver Fox » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:15 pm

I am getting so tired of the way that Lost strings the viewer along. :evil:
There never seems to be an answer to anything before the subject/focus is changed.

Did anybody else like the flavor of love? :oops:
What a guilty pleasure!
Ghetto B-otches losing their minds over a skinny has-been who is dressed like a pimp, complete with purple suits and a golden grill. This had to be one of the funniest shows ever. :lol:
"Ignorance doesn't suck for the ignorant they just don't know any better."
Son of the Silver Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: All Things Must Figh

Postby Bee » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:49 pm

Seeing how I don't know what you could be talking about I would have to say no...

Have you had a recent blonde moment and if so, please feel free to share?
Bee
Founder Member

Postby Matbow » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:44 pm

Umm wrong thread Bee?!
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Rivaan » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:42 pm

Bee wrote:Have you had a recent blonde moment and if so, please feel free to share?

Like that, you mean? :lol:

Who here watches Everybody Loves Raymond?

I think that show's great! It's sad that Peter Boyle (Frank Burrone) died though.. even if it was after the show ended.

Also sad when John Ritter (Paul Hennessy from 8 Simple Rules) died. But he was only 55! Heart complications :(
The four points of the compass be logic, knowledge, wisdom, and the unknown.
Some do bow in that final direction. Others advance upon it. To bow before the one
is to lose sight of the three. I may submit to the unknown, but never to the unknowable.
The man who bows in that final direction is either a saint or a fool. I have no use for either.
- Yama, Lord of Light
Rivaan

Postby Penitent » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:18 pm

Didn’t care that much about “Everybody Loves Raymond”; but I do remember a Thanksgiving episode with a stuffed turkey being thrown around the i am a spammer while Raymond and wife were arguing that was hilarious.

Very sad about Peter Boyle; I loved him in “Young Frankestein”.
The Penitent
Penitent
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Bee » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:44 pm

Whoops! Just like that! :oops: sorry guys!
Bee
Founder Member

Favourite TV Show

Postby Ada » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:44 am

Stargate SG1 is by far the best TV show I have ever seen. I am a huge fan & have all 9 Seasons on DVD. Sadly Season 10 will be the last. :cry: Some of the fans are trying to save it like the Farscape people did. It won't work because the powers that be hold the purse strings.
Although I have watched most of the episodes, I haven't taken to Stargate Atlantis. The crew just aren't as good & the stories are often just SG1 plots rehashed. The channel showing the Stargate shows here don't think they rate well enough anymore & put them on late - sometimes after 11pm. Last year I was able to buy the SG1 Seas. 9 DVD set before they had even finished showing all the episodes on TV! I wish they'd just give up showing it at all & hopefully we would then get the DVDs even sooner.
Ada
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: The Elephant to Hollywood

Postby Matbow » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:02 am

I'm a fan of Stargate too Ada, but I like Atlantis too - SG1 got a bit stale (before the Ori storyline) and Atlantis was something completely different.

The last I heard was that although season 10 is going to be the last "TV" season, at least 2 films are definitely being produced (with the full cast) - 1 that will finish off the Ori plot and another completely new one. Apparently if they go down well more will be made. I've also heard there's going to be a new Stargate show too.

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Favourite TV Show

Postby Ada » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:55 am

Ooooh! What new Stargate Show - says she with ears pricked up.

I had heard/read about the films to finish the Ori stories but I'm not holding my breath. When Claudia Black came to SG1 I liked her acting so much I hired the Farscape DVDs.

Now there's an interesting series. I loved some of the episodes but then found myself fast forwarding in others. They even turn to cartoon mode in one. The costumes/puppetry work is brilliant. Brian Henson (son of Jim Henson of Muppets fame) & his co. were the creators of the creatures.) The show was made in Australia but I didn't watch it when it was on TV. Once again, it was on very late at night. Sadly, the morons responsible for our ratings/programming, think SciFi isn't popular here. Who are these :twisted: people?! Every second person I speak to is a SciFi fan. It's time they got new people to do their ratings....
...oops, gone a bit [b7]

Claudia Black's 'Vala' character in SG1 is much better than the Farscape one. Ben Browder - also from Farscape - is OK as an actor but not as good as Claudia. I'm not just saying that because Claudia is an Aussie, (I originally thought she was British as her accent sounds more English than Australian).

I'll be interested to see how long Stargate Atlantis lasts. I predict no where near as long as SG1. I'll continue watching it - especially when SG1 finishes :cry: as I'll be having withdrawal symptoms after 10 years! You know they hold a record for the longest running SciFi show, don't you?
Ada
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: The Elephant to Hollywood

Postby Son of the Silver Fox » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:42 pm

I have always had a Sci Fi show that I liked 8)
anybody remember "classics" like UFO or Space 1999, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, Battlestar Galactica...however most Americans don't like Sci Fi much, we never get it in Prime Time and PBS is usually the only source for British shows like Dr. Who.
Shows like Lex have come on the Sci-Fi channel but usually late at night.
I have watched a few episodes of Stargate but I think Richard Dean Anderson is still Mcguyver less the Mullet.
Logged about 20 seconds with Farscape and didn't bite.
But I love the new Battlestar Galactica, with it's faults I just really like this show.
"Ignorance doesn't suck for the ignorant they just don't know any better."
Son of the Silver Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: All Things Must Figh

Postby audacter » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:56 am

Well with all this Sci-Fi talk like Stargate I have to speak up for my favorite all time Sci-Fi show...

Babylon 5 is the best epic Sci-Fi show ever created and maybe one of the best shows ever on TV. The character development is awesome and it really draws you in, highly recommend it to anyone.
audacter

Postby delby » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:48 pm

my son and me are really into the new dr who i think david tennant is great and the effects r cool too
WILLIE SMITH IS KING
delby
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: The Slave Stealer By Boyd Upchurch

Postby i_heart_nefie » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:42 am

I like Dr Who, too. David Tennant rocks!
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

PreviousNext

Return to Film & TV