Favourite TV show?

Postby Yakumo » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:02 am

Seeing this thread I thought to myself, hang on a minute why don't I have a favourite TV program.

Then I worked it out. I tend not to actually watch TV. Strange but disturbingly true. Why? I think because I am always surfing the net admittedly currently playing online poker interspersed with that Tax law and management theory. Not to mention typing into forum space and Ebay selling.

I know when I am in a room with a TV in it then dependent on who is in the room and which room would depend on what's being shown.

Wife watching History programs, Time team etc, or natural history programs Planet Earth currently.

Daughter watching Scuzz/Kerrang but also sometimes viewing CSI and LOST and invariably PS2 game I think San Andreas and an emulation of one of the Tolkien movies.

Is it time I returned to TV. Nah so many other things to do.
Yakumo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Bee » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:38 am

Just reading your post made me think of why I do watch TV... There are better things to do... reading for example... but I think, at least for me it comes down to being able to shut your brain off for about an hour, sit and relax, before you have to get going again.
Bee
Founder Member

Postby Nefer » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:24 am

I think the word is vegetate... I agree with Bee, sometimes you need to shut down and let tv entertain you :)
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby i_heart_nefie » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:52 pm

i love tv...almost as much as my books. there are so many good shows i like
"I would very much like to come hunting with you please...." - Little Mem
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Location: On board the 'Sprite' with the Courtneys, or QLD, AUS
Currently Reading: The Sunbird

Postby Bee » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:13 pm

Which ones do you watch?
Bee
Founder Member

Postby i_heart_nefie » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:34 am

so so many.....um lost, desperate housewives, oc, glass house, spicks and specks, little britain, rove live.............yes im australian........
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Postby Bee » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:33 pm

I must say I can see how The OC can be addictive. I watch it when I've been flicking through the channels to see what else tickles my fancy and then if there isn't one OC is usually on. And I must say you can sorta just start watching and not need to know what happened previously.
Bee
Founder Member

Postby Matbow » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:58 pm

i_heart_nefie wrote:so so many.....um lost, desperate housewives, oc, glass house, spicks and specks, little britain, rove live.............yes im australian........

Is that the UK Little Britain?! Didn't realise that was exported to Oz! The OC is very addictive and easy to watch! The witty comments of Seth and Summer amuse me no end :D
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby i_heart_nefie » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:13 pm

yes! i love little britain so much!!! my faves are lou and andy...hahaha they are so classic, we just finished series 3. are there any more seasons on the go?? And seth and summer..ok just seth........i love seth i have a shirt that says so
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Postby Bee » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:29 pm

Seth in my opinion's a bit of a "dorky" character at least that's how he comes across to me.
Bee
Founder Member

Postby i_heart_nefie » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:53 pm

dorky but awesome! he is meant to be the 'geek'. be very wary of insulting seth in front of me......he is my favourite character! do you like him even though he is a dork, Bee?
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Postby Nefer » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:54 pm

Most of the characters he's played are geeks (think Gilmore Girls) but actually he's got a small role on a new show called "The Loop" on Fox (who have actually done some good in tv-land for a change!) where he plays a the gay son of the head of TA Airlines. He's brilliant in that role! :mrgreen:
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Bee » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:26 am

i_heart_nefie wrote:dorky but awesome! he is meant to be the 'geek'. be very wary of insulting seth in front of me......he is my favourite character! do you like him even though he is a dork, Bee?

Nope, I don't like him. Actually I don't like any of the guy characters on the show. Now if we started to talk about a certain Jensen Ackles on Supernatural then... :D
Bee
Founder Member

Postby Nefer » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:26 pm

OMG, yummy!! I watched the show this week, forgot just how hot those two are together! & J. Ackles has this realy good comedy thing... :mrgreen:
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby i_heart_nefie » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:15 pm

Which one is he? is he the older one or the younger, hotter one.....
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Postby Nefer » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:49 am

Older hotter one is Jensen, younger hotter one is Dean from Gilmore Girls aka Sam on Supernatural.

Personally I think they are at an equal level of hotness.
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby i_heart_nefie » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:49 am

lol nefer, yeah i guess they are both pretty hot.....but sometimes i forget it is on tv. And you guys were talking about 'the loop'? I heard on Conan O'Brien that Adam brody was going to guest star.....tell me if he is good!!
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Postby Nefer » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:58 am

Oh crap, I forgot to watch The Loop again last night, but I did catch one ep. with him - he's really good! Its nice to see him play a different role & do it well :)
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby i_heart_nefie » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:06 am

what role did he play?
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Postby Nefer » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:29 pm

Nefer wrote:Most of the characters he's played are geeks (think Gilmore Girls) but actually he's got a small role on a new show called "The Loop" on Fox (who have actually done some good in tv-land for a change!) where he plays a the gay son of the head of TA Airlines. He's brilliant in that role! :mrgreen:

I love quoting myself... :lol:
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

PreviousNext

Return to Film & TV