Battlestar Galactica

Postby Monsoon » Tue May 02, 2006 1:49 pm

Personally i hate cliff hangers! You are left in an excited and desparate to know the outcome sort of situation, but when everything re-starts months down the line the whole plot has gone cold in the memory and the whole thing has been wasted!
While a tiger eyed its prey and an eagle raged in a thunderous sky a river of darkness fell upon a burning sun and the wolf cried tis a time to die, thus did the angels weep as power and triumph in those golden eyes did creep.

Monsoon
Founder Member

Currently Reading: Tower Lord

Postby Matbow » Tue May 16, 2006 5:58 pm

Well, I've just watched the last episode of s2 - not really a cliff hanger, but it was fracking awesome! Got to wait til November for the next season, so I've just ordered the mini series and s1 on Dvd :)
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Monsoon » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:56 pm

Season 1 is having a repeat run on Sky one on Tuesdays at 8pm starting with 2 episodes this coming week.
While a tiger eyed its prey and an eagle raged in a thunderous sky a river of darkness fell upon a burning sun and the wolf cried tis a time to die, thus did the angels weep as power and triumph in those golden eyes did creep.

Monsoon
Founder Member

Postby Matbow » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:42 pm

And I think I' correct in saying it's starting on Sky 3 next week for all those people with terrestrial digital...
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Matbow » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:01 pm

Do we have anymore BSG fans out there?

Season 3 starts in the US in October and I think thats the same for the UK too. I can't wait, the best programme ever!

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Casedata » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:15 am

I would like to be a BSG fan, but I missed out on all the first episodes because I am a huge Stargate & Stargate Atlantis fan, and some times there were conflicts. Now that I have Tivo, I can save several season passes.

If you could give me the synopsis and some character background on the main people, I will start watching it this season. How bout that? :!:
Casedata

Postby Monsoon » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:48 pm

Mat wrote:
Season 3 starts in the US in October and I think thats the same for the UK too. I can't wait, the best programme ever!

My money is on January for the Uk as sky 1 have no announcement about it for October, and also don't make a strong enough financial contribution to the series to line up with the US start time..i think?

Anyway i hope it doesn't start soon coz i have not seen season 2 yet!

Monsoon
Founder Member

Postby Matbow » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:39 pm

It wouldn't suprise me if it is Jan, but the Tube Talk column on digital spy said it was October. Having said that I've seen no promo's on Sky for the new season, if it's going to start next month I would expect to start seeing them soon.

You haven't seen season 2 yet?!

--

I'm a fan of both Stargates too. It's not as good as it once was and I'm actually preferring Atlantis now. The seasons 10 and 3 don't start over here until October, but I've seen the first 2 eps of each - not bad, but unfortunately compared to BSG every Sci Fi show palls in comparison. SG1's been axed too...

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Monsoon » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:21 am

No i have not seen season 2 yet, so you can imagine the panic i have been feeling about season 3 coming here in October. I was getting the feeling i would have to jam all 20 episodes into a very short space of time, and that would not have been conducive to savouring the episodes. :(
So it is to my delight and not so much yours Mat that i have seen an email from sky stating that January will be the launch date for season 3 in the UK.

Monsoon
Founder Member

Postby Matbow » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:38 pm

Ahh well...it'll give me time to re-watch the mini series and seasons 1 and 2 before s3 starts! I'm going to order a new sony home cinema system tomorrow - looking forward to the 5.1 surround sound glory of BSG!

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Monsoon » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:54 pm

They put season 2 on between 11pm and 1am on Wednesdays, but my bedtime is at 11 so i just couldn't do it. :cry:
However i have just purchased a used copy of season 2 on ebay for £17 with Buy it now. Hopefully it will be ok but it is a bit odd as the other copies are going for £28 - £35. Mind you i think i'm probably lucky coz it had only been on there for an hour (pays to look at the last pages) and the person probably just wanted the money pronto.

Monsoon
Founder Member

Postby Matbow » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:09 am

Bargain - I'm sure it'll be fine. Sky+ is the best invention ever for watching those late night programmes.

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Matbow » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:27 pm

Was your DVD kosher Monsoon?

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Monsoon » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:01 pm

It was a fantastic...copy!
The only thing that gave it away from the genuine ones was the blue and not platinum tint on the discs. Everything else was identical, even got the voice commentaries.
The only problem for me is that this has negated my intention to put it back on ebay after whipping through it.

Monsoon
Founder Member

Postby Monsoon » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:22 am

Still nothing from Sky as to when the third series will begin over here, but i imagine they are too busy congratulating themselves for taking 'Lost' away from channel 4. And the third series of that WILL start next month on Sky One, a lot sooner than i was expecting to see that programme come around again.

Monsoon
Founder Member

Postby Matbow » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:42 pm

I'm quite frustrated about this! I've managed to stay spoiler free so far, but I'm not sure how long that can last!

I'm definately not downloading it as I want the full experience, but delaying it over 3 months from the US premier takes the p*$$ - espec when they are going to show 24 and the 2nd half of Lost s3 "days" after the US broadcast. GRR!

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Monsoon » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:57 am

Time to start dusting off those cylons with January 9th fast approaching. :D

Monsoon
Founder Member

Postby Matbow » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:20 pm

Yep! Apparently it's quite good...

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Son of the Silver Fox » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:36 pm

Battlestar is my favorite guilty pleasure :oops: I believe from your postings that you are not seeing the episodes at the same time as the U.S. audience. last Friday's episode took place on the algae planet, where: [spoiler] The Galactica crew tried to figure out the "Eye of Jupiter" [/spoiler] can you guys tell me if this is the episode that is now showing for you or are you behind?
"Ignorance doesn't suck for the ignorant they just don't know any better."
Son of the Silver Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: All Things Must Figh

Postby Matbow » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:56 am

Season 3 hasn't even started yet, so we're miles behind!

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Film & TV