Summer Movies!! May contain SPOILERS!

Summer Movies!! May contain SPOILERS!

Postby Nefer » Wed May 17, 2006 7:41 pm

There are a sack load of movies I'm super excited to see!!

Da Vinci Code next week, X-Men, Pirates, Lady in the Water and a bucnh others I can't recall right now.

This is the place to anticipate & talk about the movies without putting out spoilers :)
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby i_heart_nefie » Wed May 17, 2006 11:17 pm

Pirates! I wanna see it so bad! And I'm thinking that the Da Vinci Code will be a good one. Do I need to read it to understand it?
"I would very much like to come hunting with you please...." - Little Mem
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Location: On board the 'Sprite' with the Courtneys, or QLD, AUS
Currently Reading: The Sunbird

Postby Nefer » Thu May 18, 2006 11:43 am

From what I've heard, I think you're okay going into the movie without fore-knowledge. Apparently they've changed a bunch of stuff in the movie to avoid controversy - !

Read the book though, if you get a chance. It's quite interesting, but like we've all commented in the Dan Brown thread, it's a very quick read. I'd recommend getting the illustrated version from the library - that way you can see what Brown is talking about when pictures & thigns are mentioned.

I'll be catching the movie this Sunday with my family. I'll let you know what I think!

As for Pirates, have you seen the previews for it yet? It looks brilliant!
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Matbow » Thu May 18, 2006 6:27 pm

I saw MI:III last week, I guess that counts as a summer movie. Twas pretty good, kept me entertained for a while! Looking forward to X-men, may catch Pirates and Superman too.
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Rivaan » Thu May 18, 2006 6:50 pm

Kelsey Grammer (Frasier Crane) is Beast!!!

Just for that, I wanna see X-men 3! XD
Rivaan

Postby Kate4Tanus » Fri May 19, 2006 2:02 am

Oh my god I saw the trailers for pirates! I was so excited! How good does it look!!!!
'You were ever more than a tutor to me,' Memnon answered softly. 'You where the father I never knew.'
Kate4Tanus

Postby Nefer » Fri May 19, 2006 12:25 pm

Would you say MI:3 is better than the 1st two?

I was super annoyed at the 1st one for kiling off the IMF team and turning MI into a Tommy Crazy love-fest.

I want to see it but I don't have $$ to waste on a risky call.

X3 looks amazing!!! It's so weird seeing Fraiser as Beast! Looks super cool!

Pirates doesn't even need trailers to entice me :mrgreen:
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Bee » Fri May 19, 2006 11:53 pm

Oh but the trailer for Pirates makes all the much more enticing. I kinda wanna go out and see X3 on opening day. Sounds a bit crazy, but hopefully I'll find some ppl that wanna go Friday evening to see it!
Bee
Founder Member

Postby Kate4Tanus » Sat May 20, 2006 1:39 am

That sounds so cool! I would join you if we lived in the same country lol
'You were ever more than a tutor to me,' Memnon answered softly. 'You where the father I never knew.'
Kate4Tanus

Postby i_heart_nefie » Mon May 22, 2006 2:44 am

I would love that, and the trailors do make it better hey Bee! Johnny.....................and Orlando.......................
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Postby Kate4Tanus » Mon May 22, 2006 2:54 am

Yes. I am so excited! I can barely contain myself lol!
Kate4Tanus

Postby Nefer » Mon May 22, 2006 1:05 pm

So I watched the Da Vinci Code, and you know, it wasn't half bad.

There were many bad reviews I saw, like these, but as usual, I never agree with reviewers opinions!

The movie moved along nicely, with explanations for those who haven't read the book, and it's fairly well balanced opinion-wise.

My brother & mum didn't think the big reveal at the end was a big deal, but they agreed it wasn't a bad movie. Not a waste of $10 anyway!

And to add to the list of movies I wanna see:

The Lake House
Superman
Fearless
Lady in the Water

X-Men opens this week! Can't wait!
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby i_heart_nefie » Wed May 24, 2006 2:46 am

X-men!! I love Hugh Jackman! Aussie pride...lol, I can't wait for Xmen
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Postby Kate4Tanus » Wed May 24, 2006 2:52 am

Aussie Pride!!!!!!!!
Kate4Tanus

Postby i_heart_nefie » Wed May 24, 2006 11:13 pm

Our friend Steph (stefny hehe) saw the Da Vinci Code and she said it was pretty good too. I think that's a good thing coming from her seeing as though she attends church and is in the church girls brigade..I think I want to see it
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Postby Nefer » Fri May 26, 2006 8:57 pm

X-Men was amazing! I really liked it, & hate that it's the last one. Ah well! No more Cyclops to drool over ;)

I'll try and avoid dropping spoilers, but the movie left me thinking. I dunno if that's good or not for an action movie?!

The special effects were pretty good, and Wolverine rocked, as usual :mrgreen: I loved seeing The Beast, Kelsey G. did a really good job in that role! My bro' was especially happy to see Mystique this time around.... I'll leave it to the movie to tell you why... :razz:

It was the perfect length... although there were some holes in the plot, you kinda forgot about them when the action sequences rolled by.

Last movie on my list is Pirates! I'm running out of money to fuel my summer movie mania :( :lol:

BTW, Superman looks really really sad & pathetic. It seems so clinical, with no feeling shown by the actors, and their plot line seems very thin. shrugs I think I'll be giving it a miss.
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Kate4Tanus » Sat May 27, 2006 1:53 am

Yes! Another Cyclops fan!!! lol.

Yeh I probably won't see Superman- in the movies at least.

It's funny when you say 'Summer Movies' coz its winter here lol. I kinda go - "What?" for a second. lol
Kate4Tanus

Postby Nefer » Sat May 27, 2006 12:59 pm

lol, yeah, I shoulda thought about that! I guess it's your Winter Movie Bonanza, huh? :D
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Kate4Tanus » Sun May 28, 2006 2:19 am

Exactly. Although I admit it does not sound as good.
Kate4Tanus

Postby Bee » Mon May 29, 2006 5:43 pm

Okay well I went to see X-men as well. And I won't give it a raving review. It was okay/good. Not the best movie but yeah it was okay. It was entertaining and all but too much hype around it. I really don't want to ruin anything but yeah. I would recommend to see it.
Bee
Founder Member

Next

Return to Film & TV