The Official Big Brother Thread

The Official Big Brother Thread

Postby Matbow » Thu May 18, 2006 4:32 pm

This thread probably won't get used seeing as though we're all too "high brow" for reality TV (!!), but just so it doesn't "contaminate" any other threads I thought this would be a good idea.

So, I've just watched the launch show. Bunch of freaks - more so than usual! They've even got a housemate with tourettes who keeps on saying "W**k"...I can't decide whether to laugh or be angry, although he does seem to be hamming it up quite a bit.
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby i_heart_nefie » Mon May 22, 2006 3:04 am

Hey I'm never too high-brow for anything! lol, but I'm in australia so I cant talk to you about your bb, although the australian one is fairly good this year!
"I would very much like to come hunting with you please...." - Little Mem
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Location: On board the 'Sprite' with the Courtneys, or QLD, AUS
Currently Reading: The Sunbird

Postby John R » Wed May 24, 2006 12:34 pm

ok, i've got to admit, i've started watching it this year....simply because there's nothing else on TV, and i'm going through a phase where i just can't be bothered to read anything. Also, there is this girl on it - Imogin (spelling?) who is Welsh and actually comes from the same town as me. A friend of a friend used to date her....as the cliché goes. So i do have more reason to watch it, don't i....?
John R
Founder Member

Currently Reading: A Time To Die

Postby Matbow » Wed May 24, 2006 2:00 pm

I'll give you that one!

I've been watching bits. It's so cringeworthy in places...that shabaz dude had a screw loose!
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby John R » Wed May 31, 2006 12:50 pm

anyone still watching it? i think it's quite good this year, a lot of bitching and cheating and bullying...great TV :oops:
John R
Founder Member

Postby Matbow » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:24 pm

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby John R » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:55 pm

yep! very funny! I liked Alex from bb3 to be honest. Lea got voted out tonight, good riddance
John R
Founder Member

BB

Postby Ada » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:30 am

I'm almost embarrassed to say I like these shows. A lot of people say "get a life" when they hear you watch it. I don't know why but it fascinates me that people are willing to go on these shows. It's not just the money, as I'm sure they would still get just as many auditioning if there weren't any prizes. The money is necessary for keeping them in check - although you wouldn't have thought so for our BB last year. They lost a ridiculous amount & still didn't win it back at the end. We also had a guy with tourettes syndrome. Some one messaged the late night compare complaining about him - (he didn't swear but blinked a lot & made a clicking/sucking noise). The compare said "leave him alone, he's got tourettes" - I don't watch BB 24/7 but that was the 1st I'd heard about it & I think they were editing him in the early weeks. Anyway, he was booted out with one of the other boys for "turkey slapping". (I'm not describing what that is, on this Forum!)
The UK members might be surprised to hear your Celebrity BB hit our news when Leo Sayer spat the dummy & left and again when the racist comment was made about the Bollywood actress - who apparently won in the end. =D>
Ada
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: The Elephant to Hollywood

Re: BB

Postby Matbow » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:09 am

Ada wrote:The UK members might be surprised to hear your Celebrity BB hit our news when Leo Sayer spat the dummy & left and again when the racist comment was made about the Bollywood actress - who apparently won in the end. =D>

I didn't watch any of this years Celeb BB, but it was almost impossible to ignore it due the racism issue - it was on the front pages of all the tabloids and news websites! Shilpa's going to make a lot of money out of all of it.

Your "Turkey slapping" incident made the news over here too!

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

BB

Postby Ada » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:43 pm

I didn't watch our Celeb. BB when we had it either. (I think there was only one, years ago - it didn't rate well + the celebs. were a bunch of has beens/"C" grade personalities.)

Re the turkey slapping: Since you know, members wanting to know what it is can PM you - like I said, I'm not printing it here. I would like to point out that our BB contestants are NOT a representation of your average Aussies. As with o/seas series, they are exhibitionists & extremists & a lot of what they say they are supposed to have done IMO is just their imagination/wishful thinking!
Ada
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby i_heart_nefie » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:10 am

*shakes head* not the turkey slapping incident...I agree with you Ada, they are not a great example of Australian people :) But I still watched the show because I am addicted to that kind of thing :oops:
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Postby Rivaan » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:42 am

I just looked up the definition of "Turkey slapping".. :lol:
Rivaan

Postby i_heart_nefie » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:36 am

hahaha were you surprised? god knows i was...
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Postby Ada » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:15 am

Our 2007 BB starts 22nd April. I wonder how many gong bangers we'll get this year. :lol: Is the UK having one this year too and if so, when does yours start?
Ada
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby i_heart_nefie » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:46 pm

yay! BB!
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Postby John R » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:00 am

The UK Big Brother starts around May June time i think. i won't be watching it, gone off it now, enjoyed the 1st series and one of the other ones though
John R
Founder Member

Big Brother

Postby Ada » Wed May 16, 2007 11:19 pm

We're now into the 4th week of our BB 2007. It's all a bit "ho hum" with too many flying under the radar but not being nominated for it. There's also been a lot of bitching behind peoples' backs and 'groups' have been formed. One girl (Emma), who heads one of the groups seems to have decided she made a mistake as she keeps getting nominated. The 2 loudest have already been evicted and the boy (who acted 18 but is actually 24), was practically in tears when he was watching it on the Up Late Show - i.e. he wished he was back in there. It's strange how they've selected older people this year and yet many of them still act as though they're school kids.

I'm picking Travis as a possible winner this year. I see him as a male version of the only female to win BB here - Reggie. A lot of people thought she was putting on an act but when we all realised that was the real deal we voted for her simply because we thought she was funny. (Travis isn't funny like Reggie was but seems to be just as harmless and I suspect that what you see is what you get. I couldn't live with him - he'd drive me insane but I can see how some people would like him.)

I won't be voting this year as I don't care who wins - haven't done so since Reggie - in fact she's the only one I've ever wasted my money on and that was only 55 cents! :lol:
Ada
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby i_heart_nefie » Thu May 17, 2007 4:28 am

Hey Ada, BB definitely isn't as good this year. I haven't been watching religiously, which is a change for me :). I think Travis might win too. I don't even have a favourite!! Who's your favourite?
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Big Brother

Postby Ada » Thu May 17, 2007 6:07 am

Like you Nefie, I don't have a favourite so it's bring on the intruders :lol: !

I do know who I don't like though and that's Demet. It's a shame because I thought she was terrific when she first came in. What a 'dibber dobber' she turned out to be. After surviving the White Room for all that time and then to come in and destroy your chances just like that - what a stupid thing to do. Year after year these people come into the BB house and accuse each other of "playing the game". Hello people! It is a game! :lol:
Ada
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Matbow » Thu May 24, 2007 6:05 pm

UK BB starts on the 30th of May (I think). I'll probably tune into the lauch night and a few of the first episodes to see what the contestants are like. I guess I'm quite fortunate that I can happily watch bits here and then and not get totally engrossed by it all!

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Next

Return to Film & TV