Favorite Movie Scene

Favorite Movie Scene

Postby Penitent » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:23 pm

We already have a category for “Favorite Movie” and “Movie Quotes” that are quite popular. I just thought to add another one for people to share their favorite movie scenes; even though the movie itself may not be that great. Other times when somebody tell us about a movie a specific scene comes to mind right away, sometimes we remember a scene but we have no idea what movie it belongs to.

That’s what we are looking for here

I will start;

Darth Vader revealing Luke that he is his father in "The Empire Strikes Back". And then the damn movie ends! Possibly, the best cliffhanger in the history of motion pictures.
The Penitent
Penitent
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Monsoon » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:18 am

So many to choose from!
One that stands out for me is the final scene from 'Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid', there was some good dialogue in there, but i guess for them there was no way out. As a young child i remember grumbling because the final frame was stilled and in black and white and i wanted to know why they had stopped it there. Well it didn't take me too long to work it out!
While a tiger eyed its prey and an eagle raged in a thunderous sky a river of darkness fell upon a burning sun and the wolf cried tis a time to die, thus did the angels weep as power and triumph in those golden eyes did creep.

Monsoon
Founder Member

Currently Reading: Tower Lord

Postby i_heart_nefie » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:21 pm

There are so many good ones! Like the 'king of the world' scene in Titanic, the end of the Sound Of Music when they are on the mountainafter escaping...and definitely Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker...there are also a lot that I can't think of right now!
"I would very much like to come hunting with you please...." - Little Mem
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Location: On board the 'Sprite' with the Courtneys, or QLD, AUS
Currently Reading: The Sunbird

Postby Matbow » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:16 am

I'm sure there are lots for me, but the one that really sticks in my mind is the closing court case scene in "A Time to Kill", very emotional.
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Son of the Silver Fox » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:34 pm

I have "snippits" that stick with me, but one that comes back time and again is from The Boys From Brasil where the English Clone hollers at Olivier "Don't you understand English you ass we're not home!"

Science being what it is today, a lot of Science Fiction of yesterday will come true. While it is unlikely anybody would have the means to clone Adolph Hitler, genetic manipulation and cloning will exist. Scary isn't it?
"Ignorance doesn't suck for the ignorant they just don't know any better."
Son of the Silver Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: All Things Must Figh

Re: Favorite Movie Scene

Postby Danny Ramone » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:31 am

best fight scene: King Kong Vs. T-REX

Ive seen too many movies to even remember my favorite scene. I must admit I like the scene from shrek 2 where the giant gingerbread man is attacking the castle 8)
Danny Ramone

Currently Reading: power of the sword

Postby vale9472 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:29 pm

I'm wandering why there are just few posts on this topic,there are so many beautiful scenes to be mantioned.Anyway,I'm thinking of the one in "out of Africa"when M.Streep has her hair washed by R.Redford and the one in "fight club"when E.Norton beats himself in front of his boss.These are actually two of my favourite movies ever :D
vale9472

Postby Alyssa » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:27 pm

In Liar Liar, with Jim Carrey - This pen is b... red. This pen is... red! This pen is... RED!
I've seen it a hundred times and I still laugh at that part.
Alyssa

Currently Reading: The White Nile

Postby delby » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:44 pm

Gets me every time , Alad ladd has killed the nasty ryker and his gunslinger pals while little joey peeps under the saloon door , bleeding from a gunshot wound he gets up on heis horse and rides away with little joey calling after him begging him to come back, you know he's gonna ride away and die :(
WILLIE SMITH IS KING
delby
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: The Slave Stealer By Boyd Upchurch

Postby remanjot » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:23 am

Last movie I had watched was Bad Teacher on weekend. Bad Teacher is amazing comedy movie Cameron Diaz.
remanjot

Currently Reading: 2 States

Postby annagram » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:33 pm

delby wrote:Gets me every time , Alad ladd has killed the nasty ryker and his gunslinger pals while little joey peeps under the saloon door , bleeding from a gunshot wound he gets up on heis horse and rides away with little joey calling after him begging him to come back, you know he's gonna ride away and die :(

I have a different take on the ending - Marion says something to Shane about his never returning and he answers, "Never is a long time". I think in a few years he returns and finds that Joe has died and he ends up marrying Marion. I like happy endings :D
annagram

Currently Reading: The winner by David baldacci

Postby annagram » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:36 pm

I like the scene in the movie "Ben Hur" when the two women realize they are cured of leprosy. Also like a scene in the same movie where Ben Hur tells Jack Hawkins (can't remember his character's name) "we keep you alive to serve this ship, row well and live."
annagram

Currently Reading: The winner by David baldacci

Return to Film & TV