Postby Matbow » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:57 pm

Is anyone here a fan of the show 24?

I've just seen hour 4 of "day 6" and it's looking like an awesome season!
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Monsoon » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:23 am

Definitely a fan but unfortunately i have missed seasons 3 4 and 5, so i was sceptical about whether to watch day 6 having missed so much, but i'm glad i did and was dialled into the plot from the word go. Yes it has been fantastic so far and one of the things i like about 24 is that sub plots are resolved very quickly unlike a lot of shows these days where the trend seems to be to extend a mini story over several episodes or even seasons(lost) to the point where it becomes a tad annoying, the phrase 'lost the plot comes to mind' :)

Anyway the 4th episode, wow i didn't expect that, it was such a huge card to play, the story of day 6 will be ok for it, but i worry if any subsequent seasons would have trouble living up to it.
While a tiger eyed its prey and an eagle raged in a thunderous sky a river of darkness fell upon a burning sun and the wolf cried tis a time to die, thus did the angels weep as power and triumph in those golden eyes did creep.

Monsoon
Founder Member

Currently Reading: Tower Lord

Postby Matbow » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:52 pm

Monsoon wrote:Anyway the 4th episode, wow i didn't expect that, it was such a huge card to play, the story of day 6 will be ok for it, but i worry if any subsequent seasons would have trouble living up to it.

Spoiler warning [for people who haven't seen ep4]...
Me either, completely different to all the other seasons - they usually manage to stop most of the major threats, but a nuclear bomb going off in episode 4 is crazy!
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby John R » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:08 pm

I'm a fan of the show but like Monsoon, i've missed season 3 4 and 5. 1 i thought was superb, 2 was even better! Brilliant programme. Jack is the man. Don't think i'll get to see the new series at all. Maybe when it comes out on DVD. Has anyone actually seen all 5 seasons? if so what would you say is the best one?
John R
Founder Member

Currently Reading: A Time To Die

Postby Matbow » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:12 pm

I've seen them all but I don't really know which one is best! TBH I can't really remember what happened in each of the seasons! Day 5 was very good though.

The DVD's are really cheap to buy now.

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: 24

Postby Rivaan » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:06 pm

I am a huge fan of 24! :D

I have seen all 6 seasons so far. My favourite.. I have no idea! I think Kiefer Sutherland is amazing, lol.
The four points of the compass be logic, knowledge, wisdom, and the unknown.
Some do bow in that final direction. Others advance upon it. To bow before the one
is to lose sight of the three. I may submit to the unknown, but never to the unknowable.
The man who bows in that final direction is either a saint or a fool. I have no use for either.
- Yama, Lord of Light
Rivaan

Return to Film & TV