Summer Movies!! May contain SPOILERS!

Postby Kate4Tanus » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:00 pm

i_heart_nefie wrote:Transformers!!!!! I am excited...mainly because Amaury Nolasco from Prison Break is in it!!!! I reckon it'll be a great movie

Damn! Now I have the Transformers song in my head!

I think we would go and see ANY movie with Amaury in it :D Lets be honest here Em.

Yup, I am looking forward to it too - reminding me of the mornings when I was a kid watching Transformers on Cheez TV!
'You were ever more than a tutor to me,' Memnon answered softly. 'You where the father I never knew.'
Kate4Tanus

Postby i_heart_nefie » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:48 am

It looks so exciting!! I wanna see Amaury!! I think it'll be a really good movie even if he wasn't in it....God forbid that happen lol
"I would very much like to come hunting with you please...." - Little Mem
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Location: On board the 'Sprite' with the Courtneys, or QLD, AUS
Currently Reading: The Sunbird

Postby Nefer » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:22 pm

I'll be watching HP tomorrow - I anticipate a roaring success!!

Did you watch Transformers, Nefie, Kate?
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Nefer » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:17 pm

HP was good :)

It has the exact tone of the book, it was great the way it was pulled of. Lots of good foreshadowing - some plot lines were emphasised so you know that it will be showing up in Book 7 (which I CANNOT wait for!) Loved Imelda Staunton as Prof Umbridge - bar the looks, she is how I pictured her from the book! The only negative thing about the movie is that if you've never read the book(s) then you really won't be able to follow the movie.

Also saw a super cool trailer for 10 000 BC. Dunno why they're advertising it now - it won't be out till next year, but the trailer is pretty kewl!
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Ada » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:26 pm

Nefer wrote: The only negative thing about the movie is that if you've never read the book(s) then you really won't be able to follow the movie.

I totally agree. Same goes for all the HP movies. However, considering the number of books sold, I don't think there are too many seeing the movies without having read the books. It must be very difficult to turn the books into movies as the books are quite long. I've often thought they'd be better as a TV series as then they could put everything in but the producers probably don't think they'd make enough money that way. :roll:
Ada
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: The Elephant to Hollywood

Postby Nefer » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:37 pm

I saw a trailer for The Last Legion on tv... looks pretty cool! Anyone else planning to see it?
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Chaos » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:18 pm

RUSH HOUR 3 IS THE BEST ONE YET, I CANT WAIT FOR THE 4TH ONE!
Chaos

Postby Matbow » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:29 pm

Nefer wrote:I saw a trailer for The Last Legion on tv... looks pretty cool! Anyone else planning to see it?

Hmm, yeah looks pretty good!
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Nefer » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:07 pm

RH3...? Really? I've heard really bad reviews for it - apparently its the same old jokes as 1 & 2. I'll wait for the X-mas box set of all 3 movies and watch it then :lol:
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Chaos » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:08 pm

Nefer wrote:RH3...? Really? I've heard really bad reviews for it - apparently its the same old jokes as 1 & 2. I'll wait for the X-mas box set of all 3 movies and watch it then :lol:

Dont listen to that bull, its well worth the ticket price ^_^ if you liked the other 2 you will love this one :D
Chaos

Postby Chaos » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:12 pm

saw the simpsons, nuffin special, I wouldnt of ha dpaid the ticket price for itI'd rather go and buy one of the regular series on dvd
Chaos

Postby Monsoon » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:33 am

Nefer wrote:I saw a trailer for The Last Legion on tv... looks pretty cool! Anyone else planning to see it?

The Roman empire coming before King Arthur in time never seems to sit well with my imagination. :?

I can't take Colin Firth seriously as an action figure, he seems too well engrained in the romance/comedy genre.
While a tiger eyed its prey and an eagle raged in a thunderous sky a river of darkness fell upon a burning sun and the wolf cried tis a time to die, thus did the angels weep as power and triumph in those golden eyes did creep.

Monsoon
Founder Member

Currently Reading: Tower Lord

Postby Nefer » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:18 pm

I agree with you there... thought it was strange casting. Then again, it has some other huge names in acting (Sir Ben anyone? :mrgreen:), so I'm willing to put aside my misgivings and watch the movie. Its apparently based on a book, which I will read when the dear strikers get their deal (Unions have been on strike here for 5 weeks :( )

I don't suppose anyone will catch "Becoming Jane"?
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby i_heart_nefie » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:36 pm

I still haven't seen Transformers......:(
I haven't heard of The Last Legion yet, and which one is Becoming Jane because that sounds familiar....
"I would very much like to come hunting with you please...." - Little Mem
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Location: On board the 'Sprite' with the Courtneys, or QLD, AUS
Currently Reading: The Sunbird

Previous

Return to Film & TV