Favourite TV show?

Postby Ada » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:21 pm

Thanks Rivaan for the info. re the future season/s of Heroes.

We are up to and I watched Episode 20 last night and when it finished, I just went "Wow :!: it's getting even better". Only 3 more till the end of this first season. I'm going to miss this one when it finishes.
Ada
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: The Elephant to Hollywood

Heroes

Postby memnon » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:55 am

joining conversation jaja..
Well, for those who do not know me i'm from argentina and i also loves heroes,i think it's really great.. My favourite character is Hiro followed closely by Claire (her power is so cool jajaja).
I'm also about chapter 20 and i'm seeing it on universal channel,what channels do the transmission over there....
I hope second season is as good as this, i cant believe all the revelations that every chapters have...........

I also love a long list of anime series, i think we could debate about that too. My favourites are Dragon Ball, Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai Champloo, and a long etc. :roll:
Earth, wind, water and fire... But of all four, the master is the fire
memnon

Postby Ada » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:51 pm

Heroes is on one of our "free to air" channels. I don't know if that's the same as/equivalent to your "universal channel". That's interesting that you are up to the same episode as us.

Re the anime stuff that's Rivann's department. He loves it too.
Ada
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Rivaan » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:20 pm

For the UK, Heroes comes on the Sci Fi channel (part of a paid package), but in July, it will be airing on BBC2 which is free.

Heh, I hadn't realised my love of anime was so apparent :oops: I absolutely worship the Gundam franchise (new series, Gundam 00 airing in Japan this October!).

I saw DBZ when I was younger. I liked it then, but have found many other anime I like better, since then. Anime like Bleach, Fushigi Yuugi, Hajime no Ippo, Mobile Suit Gundam, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ (double Zeta), Gundam Wing, Turn A Gundam, Gundam Seed, and I have only seen a third of Gundam Seed Destiny but like it.

I have 2 favourite series. The first is Hajime no Ippo (an anime about a young kid who gets bullied at school, but finds comfort in boxing, after a boxer saves him from the bullies one day. It's 76 episodes, with 2 movies, and it's a feel-good anime covering a large chunk of Ippo's boxing story, from rookie upwards).

The other favourite is Turn a Gundam (different from the other Gundams as its plot is more character-driven, than mobile suit/battle-driven like the other Gundam series out there. Oh and "mobile suit" is the name given to the "robots" they pilot).

Maybe we should create a separate thread for anime? I could go on and on about it, with pictures and lots of details! :lol:

P.S: The guy in my avatar is the main character from Turn A Gundam.
Rivaan

Postby i_heart_nefie » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:43 am

You guys were talking about Heroes before, I am so in love with this show it's crazy! The "5 years into the future" ep was one of the best yet!! It was so exciting and my fave character Mohinder was so awesome and heroic and just plain cool. So was Peter Petrelli who normally annoys me...maybe it was his cool scar or hair...but anyway it was all so great!!!
"I would very much like to come hunting with you please...." - Little Mem
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Location: On board the 'Sprite' with the Courtneys, or QLD, AUS
Currently Reading: The Sunbird

Postby Ada » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:56 pm

Heroes has finished Season 1 here. As the local TV Guide Critic said, the ending was "unexpectedly down-played" and I guessed part of the ending. However I will watch Season 2 as I like where it's heading. :D

Speaking of being :D , I'm ecstatic. Stargate SG1 Season 10 has finally started here. =D> \:D/ :D It's at 11pm but I don't care. It's the final season so I'll be enjoying every minute. The first episode was excellent.
Ada
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Rivaan » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:03 am

I unfortunately never got into Stargate.. I'll have to watch it all at some point.

Who else has seen Life on Mars? It's a British show about a cop in manchester who gets hit by a car and wakes up as a cop in the 70s. It's a great series in my opinion! :D
Rivaan

Postby Ada » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:16 am

Yep, I've been watching Life on Mars too. In fact I'm watching a lot more TV than usual and haven't been reading very much at all.

I'm not too sure about Life on Mars. I've watched every episode so far but it's close to losing me. (I think we've watched about 8 episodes.) The acting is good and there have been some pretty funny scenes but there hasn't been enough of the supernatural/timetravel or what ever it's supposed to be for me. It's like some one just wanted to make a show about policing methods in the 70s vs. present day and the coma/time travel was just a convenient (although a bit suss) method of doing it. :?
Ada
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Rivaan » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:44 am

I think you just summed up the entire premise of the show :lol: That's probably precisely what it's supposed to be.

I saw the second series first, so I can tell you that it does start to deal with the weird stuff. I actually watch it for what happens in the 70s, because I think the 70s in general is an awesome time :D
Rivaan

Postby Ada » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:21 am

^ Re Life on Mars. I was close re my guess as to the number of episodes - it must have been the 7th as there was only one more and I've since learned there were only 8 episodes for Season 1. It has now finished and needless to say, Sam's still stuck in the 70's. Thanks for the info. re Season 2 Rivaan. If it has some weird stuff then I will watch it when it returns. :lol:
Ada
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby dodgy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:19 am

I always missed 'Life on Mars' but i will need to catch up on it. Ive been watching a lot of the American shows - LOST, Heroes etc (2nd series started in US last night) and have recently watched all of the Stargate SG1 series. Thats a lot of TV - i feel a bit better because i always try to go on the old exercise bike in front of the telly!

Re the latter, the last few series werent really that good. After Jack O'Neill (2 Ls) was made general it got less interesting.
dodgy

Favourite TV Show

Postby Ada » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:55 pm

The UK got to see the end of SG1 before the US - I think that was a first & it really annoyed a lot of them. It is still showing here in Australia. However, the complete DVD boxed set was released here on 28th August & I bought it. Needless to say have now finished seeing it too. Seasons 1 - 8 were better but I still liked 9 & 10. Richard Dean Anderson was not the reason I started watching the show so it didn't worry me that he phased himself out. I liked Ben Browder & think Claudia Black is brilliant. So much so, when I found out they were in Farscape, (which I hadn't seen when it was on TV), I went and rented the series.

Heoes will be returning here soon & I'm looking forward to it. House is also coming back soon. They're raving about "fast tracking" some of the US shows this year - i.e. we'll be seeing the episodes not long after the US instead of being a year/season behind! :shock:
Ada
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby i_heart_nefie » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:01 pm

I am so excited!! Heroes is coming back soon AND Prison break comes back tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY LIFE IS COMPLETE!!
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Postby dodgy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:10 pm

i just have to hold on until after Christmas for LOST! BUt at least they will be showing the whole series without breaks of weeks at a time..
dodgy

Postby i_heart_nefie » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:23 pm

Kate (kate4tanus) also got me into Firefly, which is a really great show! I guess you could describe it as a space western...and the movie Serenity finishes up the story
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Postby Nefer » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:34 pm

Gossip Girl is amazing!! I love it, and now I have barely any time to watch tv :(
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Kate4Tanus » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:11 am

i_heart_nefie wrote:Kate (kate4tanus) also got me into Firefly, which is a really great show! I guess you could describe it as a space western...and the movie Serenity finishes up the story

Aha! I have converted you! I'm so pleased!

Has anyone been watching Prison Break? The new season started here last night and it was AMAZING

I'm so glad that good TV is starting back up again - I haven't actually sat down and watched TV (that wasn't a DVD) in AGES.
'You were ever more than a tutor to me,' Memnon answered softly. 'You where the father I never knew.'
Kate4Tanus

Re: Favourite TV show?

Postby Rivaan » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:32 pm

I'm pretty sure I haven't mentioned it before, but I am SOOOO into 24! I have seen 5 and a half seasons, and watching the rest eagerly! Kiefer Sutherland is my favourite actor. :)
Rivaan

Postby Ada » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:51 pm

Thanks to Nefie, Kate4Tanus and a Stargate Forum I visit, I am now a Firefly/Serenity fan – BIG TIME! I kept seeing this name Firefly mentioned along with “Sci Fi” so I decided to check it out. WOW! I absolutely loved the TV series and the follow up movie Serenity. I initially rented them but then went straight out and bought them for myself. I am not a Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Angel fan so had never heard of Joss Whedon prior to watching Firefly. I’m still not a Buffy or Angel fan. :lol: What a tragedy Firefly was treated so badly by Fox and not advertised enough. It came out roughly in the middle of Stargate SG1’s 10 year run and had I heard about it or had it even been shown here – in the correct order, I definitely would have watched it as well. I also believe if they’d promoted it correctly, it would have lasted many years. A Sci Fi/Western – who would have ‘thunk’ it? Joss Whedon is who. :lol: (When you see “SciFi/Western”, it’s not like Back to the Future III movie. Firefly is set 500 years in the future.)
Ada
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby delby » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:13 pm

Ive finally bought a new digi box and am so addicted to
CSI
CSI Miami
NCIS
CSI NEW York
and