new member - Darryl (daz80j)

New member? Feel free to introduce yourself...

new member - Darryl (daz80j)

Postby daz80j » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:43 am

hi people,
im new to this site and new to reading actually......im 27 year old truck driver from sydney.....the only book i had read in my life before the start of this year was CUJO and only because i had to read a book for school......anyway being a truckie i tend to have some spare time waiting around for loads to be ready and i could only read the newspaper so many times a day.....so one day i picked up sunbird and took it to work and since that day i have read ...SUNBIRD....SEVENTH SCROLL.....and have started the COURTNEY series from WHEN LIONS FEED and i am upto A TIME TO DIE.....i have found a different pleasure in life that i didnt know existed......the way WS tells his stories just captivates my mind ......like for instance when Centain was stuck in the tree with shasa as a baby .....i felt like i was there....and i think that bella was such a dumb person and i personally would have like to have read more about storm and mark anders not bella and ramone..... anyway like i said i havent read too many books and hope that storm and anders are in another book.....thats my intro and look forward to chatting
FOR WHAT SHALL IT PROFIT A MAN, IF HE SHALL GAIN THE WHOLE WORLD, AND LOSE HIS OWN SOUL ?
daz80j

Currently Reading: A TIME TO DIE

Re: new member - Darryl (daz80j)

Postby Nefer » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:30 pm

welcome to a brave new world, Darryl :mrgreen: You have many many books waiting for you, most of them are awesome with a few minor exceptions :lol:).
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Matbow » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:15 pm

Hey!

It's great how WS can appeal to so many people!

Glad you've found us (and Wilbur!)
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Penitent » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:51 pm

WELCOME hERE!

Give a try to the "OTHER AUTHORS" section in this forum. It is full of good ideas and excellent books to read
The Penitent
Penitent
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby daz80j » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:48 am

thanks people
FOR WHAT SHALL IT PROFIT A MAN, IF HE SHALL GAIN THE WHOLE WORLD, AND LOSE HIS OWN SOUL ?
daz80j

Currently Reading: A TIME TO DIE

Return to Introductions