heres an interesting idea for a new book

Discussion about Wilbur Smith's Egyptian series.

heres an interesting idea for a new book

Postby Chaos » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:29 pm

Why not make a first person narrative like river god just that it is Tanus' point of view, Wilbur could start it off from his childhood and tell the tales of his adventure and how he eventually became squad leader of the blues and end it around the time he delivers all the theives that he captures to the pharoah (those who have finnished river god know what I mean)

any thoughts?

:lol:
Chaos

Re: heres an interesting idea for a new book

Postby Nefer » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:38 pm

Sounds like my kind of book!! (or a really good fan-fic ;))
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Chaos » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:44 pm

it would be interesting to see how Tanus views Taita and even himself, would be an interesting way of developing the characters further although they are pretty rich as it is
Chaos

Postby EnockNamun » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:38 am

I'd read it! Start writin'!
EnockNamun

Currently Reading: River God, again

Postby Matbow » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:41 pm

Yeah good idea. it would have to be the "early days" otherwise a lot of stuff would have been covered in RG.
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Chaos » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:15 pm

would it be too ambitous to try and forward the idea to Wilbur Smith some way somehow? its something I would like to see

personally I wouldnt mind a retelling of the RG story from another persons perspective matbow, Taita claims to be telling the 100% truth but I'm sure we all know thats bull there will allways be personal bias :p
Chaos

Postby NECRON99 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:42 am

Has anyone ever read S.M. Sterling's Draka novels? (Marching Through Georgia, Under the Yoke, The Stone Dogs, Drakon, etc.) Weather or not you have, there was an anthology published ("Draka's") that featured authors who were fans of his work. This anthology featured short stories set in the Draka time line, one of which was from the point of view of a minor character in the first book ("Marching Through Georgia"), and his take on the events depicted in said novel. It was an interesting perspective because he treated Sterling's "Marching Through Georgia" as the official history and the short story as the minor characters personal account written in a journal. Either way it made for great reading.
DEO VINDICI
NECRON99

Currently Reading: WARLOCK

Postby Etaeb » Fri May 09, 2008 8:56 am

A novel from Tanus' perspective would be a very philosophical read and full of conflicting emotions! :D

We already know about Lord Intef's hand in Tanus' father's destruction, so would be interesting to see it from the point of a young and naive Tanus. Also, when Taita tried to convince Tanus to take the throne from Mamose, there must have been a lot going through his mind.

Yeah, I'd read it! But on the downside, isn't Tanus a 'typical' hero? WS would have to spruce it up a little. Prequels are tough to work out.
Etaeb

Currently Reading: River God

Return to The Egyptians