I can't BELIEVE there's a Wilbur Smith forum!!!

New member? Feel free to introduce yourself...

I can't BELIEVE there's a Wilbur Smith forum!!!

Postby Aisling » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:31 pm

Hi everyone, My name is Aisling. I'm from Cork, Ireland. I'm 26 years old and it seems I wasted the first 20 by not reading any Wilbur Smith books. :lol:
I've always been an avid reader, mostly crime and murder mysteries but I'll read anything worthwhile. My first encounter with a WS book was when I was in hospital for a week back in 2002. I told my mother to find a really big book that would keep me entertained for awhile. She arrived back with Monsoon.... and so my obsession began. Although I now have all of Wilbur Smith's books (including a signed copy of The Quest) Monsoon is like my comfort blanket, I keep returning to it time and again and thats the sign of a good book in my opinion. That you never get sick of going back to it, and the characters are like your extended family.
Then again, that pretty much goes for all his books. I do love the Egyptian, Ballantyne and the stand alone books, but the Courtney family definitley have a special place in my heart. I don't have a least favourite, however it took me awhile to get into Hungry As The Sea, but then a few chapters in I was just as hooked on it as I was with the others.
So anyway, thats me. :)
Again I cant believe that some legend out there set up this forum. It gets a bit boring trying to get people to read the WS books, it'll be so refreshing to actually talk to people who love them as much as me already!
Aisling XXX
Aisling

Currently Reading: The Children Of Men

Re: I can't BELIEVE there's a Wilbur Smith forum!!!

Postby Matbow » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:36 pm

Aisling wrote:Again I cant believe that some legend out there set up this forum.

I like you already! :mrgreen:

Welcome aboard!
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Nefer » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:18 pm

Hey Aisling! I pretty much felt the same way when I found this place, although I didn't go as far as calling Matt a legend :lol: Looking forward to discussing the books with you :mrgreen:
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Matbow » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:26 pm

Nefer wrote:...although I didn't go as far as calling Matt a legend...

Bet you wish you did tho!
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Nefer » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:16 pm

:razz:
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Return to Introductions